Simon Everitt fundraising evenings
THE Simon Everitt Life Fund is holding weekly fundraising evenings to help the town's vulnerable teenagers.Held on Thursdays, at the Dukes Head Hotel on Hall Quay, the evening from 8.
THE Simon Everitt Life Fund is holding weekly fundraising evenings to help the town's vulnerable teenagers.
Held on Thursdays, at the Dukes Head Hotel on Hall Quay, the evening from 8.30pm to 11pm, includes a game show, radio style disc jockey playing hits from the 50s to 80s and supper.
The fund was set up earlier this year in memory of murder victim Simon Everitt by his parents Vince and Susan.
Money raised will go towards providing holidays for disadvantaged young people and in the longer term setting up a youth centre.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Everitt said: “We are trying to raise funds to help in our campaign to increase awareness of the plight of vulnerable teenagers who are left to find their own way in life after emotional trauma or distress.
“Our first call is ask for gifts to auction or raffle for our weekly and Christmas draw, the money raised will be a fitting way of remembering Simon.”
- 1 Police called after elderly, sick seal attacked with stones
- 2 Fashion boss treats Yarmouth auntie to Mercedes for 60th birthday
- 3 The budget: Great Yarmouth estate to receive £860,000
- 4 Where sewage is being emptied in rivers and waters around Yarmouth
- 5 All you need to know about Yarmouth's first fair in the park
- 6 More than 31,000 tickets sold for Fire on the Water
- 7 This pub can be included on your Trick or Treat round
- 8 Public meetings to be held over 665-home bid
- 9 Public response 'phenomenal' as Yarmouth festival sold out
- 10 'People here know my name' - how crisis cafe is helping mental health
So far prizes donated to the Christmas draw include a family holiday at Butlins in Skegness.
Anyone able to help should call Mr Everitt on 01493 852024/07764841967.