Simon Everitt petrol death killers jailed
Three killers have today been jailed for a total of 66 years after being convicted of the murder of Norfolk teenager Simon Everitt. Mr Everitt, 17, had been tied to a tree and set on fire after a dispute over a tangled set of relationships.
Three killers have today been jailed for a total of 66 years after being convicted of the murder of Norfolk teenager Simon Everitt.
Jonathan Clarke, Jimi-Lee Stewart and Maria Chandler were earlier convicted of murder after Norwich Crown Court heard Mr Everitt, 17, had been tied to a tree and set on fire after a dispute over a tangled set of relationships.
Passing sentence High Court Judge Mr Justice Calvert-Smith said: “As he was led into the woods Simon Everitt was praying to the Almighty. He was subjected to a cruel and brutal mock trial while tied to a tree.”
Mr Everitt's body was found in June last year in Mautby Woods near Yarmouth. An emotional statement from his father Vince Everitt was read to the court.
You may also want to watch:
Clarke from Telford was sentenced to life and must serve a minimum of 27 years. Stewart from Nelson Road Central, Yarmouth, must serve at least 22 years and Chandler of Lancaster Road, Yarmouth, 17 years.
t More detailed reports including details of Vince Everitt's statement read to the court will appear online later today.
- 1 Man charged with having more than 220,000 indecent images of children
- 2 Seaside cafe gets permission to sell alcohol
- 3 Tributes to high street mechanic known as a 'local legend'
- 4 Police break up house party with 28 people crammed into flat
- 5 What's opening in Great Yarmouth from May 17?
- 6 Man arrested after police find 200 cannabis plants in building
- 7 Goodbye number 12 - Send off to dedicated 4x4 response member
- 8 Buy a B&B as nine for sale in 'boom year' for budget hotels
- 9 Seafront Empire re-opening as music and street food venue
- 10 Three adorable abandoned day-old kittens adopted by stray