Simon Everitt petrol death killers jailed
Three killers have today been jailed for a total of 66 years after being convicted of the murder of Norfolk teenager Simon Everitt. Mr Everitt, 17, had been tied to a tree and set on fire after a dispute over a tangled set of relationships.
Three killers have today been jailed for a total of 66 years after being convicted of the murder of Norfolk teenager Simon Everitt.
Jonathan Clarke, Jimi-Lee Stewart and Maria Chandler were earlier convicted of murder after Norwich Crown Court heard Mr Everitt, 17, had been tied to a tree and set on fire after a dispute over a tangled set of relationships.
Passing sentence High Court Judge Mr Justice Calvert-Smith said: “As he was led into the woods Simon Everitt was praying to the Almighty. He was subjected to a cruel and brutal mock trial while tied to a tree.”
Mr Everitt's body was found in June last year in Mautby Woods near Yarmouth. An emotional statement from his father Vince Everitt was read to the court.
Clarke from Telford was sentenced to life and must serve a minimum of 27 years. Stewart from Nelson Road Central, Yarmouth, must serve at least 22 years and Chandler of Lancaster Road, Yarmouth, 17 years.
t More detailed reports including details of Vince Everitt's statement read to the court will appear online later today.
- 1 Tributes to Yarmouth Town legend Keith
- 2 'Squatter' couple become legal owners of land as saga continues
- 3 Man stopped 504 people from getting jabs after gluing vaccine centre locks
- 4 Tributes paid to much-loved family man who died in A143 crash
- 5 Banned drink diver led Great Yarmouth police on chase
- 6 Group to tackle impact of fairs and events in Yarmouth
- 7 Gorleston murder accused refuses to leave cell for court hearing
- 8 New face mask rules: Are Yarmouth shoppers complying?
- 9 Hundreds of of poorest people in Great Yarmouth to have homes insulated
- 10 Man accused of gluing locks to Covid centre appears in court