Simon Everitt petrol death killers jailed
Three killers have today been jailed for a total of 66 years after being convicted of the murder of Norfolk teenager Simon Everitt. Mr Everitt, 17, had been tied to a tree and set on fire after a dispute over a tangled set of relationships.
Three killers have today been jailed for a total of 66 years after being convicted of the murder of Norfolk teenager Simon Everitt.
Jonathan Clarke, Jimi-Lee Stewart and Maria Chandler were earlier convicted of murder after Norwich Crown Court heard Mr Everitt, 17, had been tied to a tree and set on fire after a dispute over a tangled set of relationships.
Passing sentence High Court Judge Mr Justice Calvert-Smith said: “As he was led into the woods Simon Everitt was praying to the Almighty. He was subjected to a cruel and brutal mock trial while tied to a tree.”
Mr Everitt's body was found in June last year in Mautby Woods near Yarmouth. An emotional statement from his father Vince Everitt was read to the court.
You may also want to watch:
Clarke from Telford was sentenced to life and must serve a minimum of 27 years. Stewart from Nelson Road Central, Yarmouth, must serve at least 22 years and Chandler of Lancaster Road, Yarmouth, 17 years.
t More detailed reports including details of Vince Everitt's statement read to the court will appear online later today.
- 1 Police search undergrowth as man arrested for murder of missing woman
- 2 Man arrested for murder of still missing 83-year-old
- 3 Man jailed for county lines drug dealing in Great Yarmouth
- 4 Man 'helping police with inquiries' in search for missing woman
- 5 Suspected murder victim had 'heart of gold' and 'loved life'
- 6 Rooms with a view? See two new hotel suites costing £120,000
- 7 7 big projects in Great Yarmouth and when they are happening
- 8 Funding for Hemsby sea defences a 'significant challenge'
- 9 Inquest hears sister of Hannah Witheridge died while pregnant
- 10 Rail service disrupted after boat hits railway bridge