Slimline tonic for bride-to-be
Miles Jermy EVERY bride wants to look their best and one woman has been inspired to slim down ahead of her wedding day.Gemma Dashwood was determined to lose weight before going down the aisle later this year with partner Colin Page.
EVERY bride wants to look their best and one woman has been inspired to slim down ahead of her wedding day.
Gemma Dashwood was determined to lose weight before going down the aisle later this year with partner Colin Page.
The Gorleston couple got engaged four years ago, and naming the day finally gave Gemma the motivation to achieve her aim.
Gemma, who works at Potters Leisure Resort in Hopton, has shed three stone and four dress sizes in the space of the just over a year.
After losing a quarter of her bodyweight, she now tips the scales at 9st 7lb, and is a slimline size 10.
- 1 Hotel with 'excellent reputation' up for sale as owner retires
- 2 WATCH: Shock for drivers as car goes the wrong way on A47
- 3 'A slow down' - Estate agent says housing supply is hitting market
- 4 Everything you need to know ahead of Great Yarmouth Wheels Festival
- 5 Body part investigation continues in Great Yarmouth
- 6 Wimbledon wild card Olivia through to second round in ladies doubles
- 7 Rescue hope for iconic hotel declared 'at risk' by national body
- 8 What the census tells us about Great Yarmouth
- 9 More than half say lights 'too tacky' for Gorleston
- 10 Renewed bid to bulldoze 'ugly mess' country pub for homes
Now she is determined to keep her svelte figure before tying the knot with health care assistant Colin at Gorleston Parish Church in September.
As well as looking great, Gemma has more far energy to look after 20-month-old daughter Harley.
She said: “I am over the Moon to have lost all this weight and looking forward to wearing a size 10 wedding dress.
“I had tried to lose weight before but
did not have the will power to stick
“Being overweight made my pregnancy more difficult and I felt lethargic a lot of the time.
“I have had a lot of support from my partner and family and it is so much easier looking after Harley. I feel really proud of myself.
“I managed to lose weight for my brother's wedding, but put it all on again. Joining a slimming club has kept me far more motivated.”
Since joining the WeightWatchers club in Great Yarmouth, Gemma has cut down on portion sizes and snacks and instead eats regular healthy
She has conquered a craving for chocolate and crisps and now tucks into fresh soup, vegetables and salads.
Losing the weight has also helped Gemma boost her fitness taking part in regular exercise classes and swimming sessions.
The WeightWatchers group meets at the Kings Centre, Great Yarmouth - for more information call Bridget Willets on 07515715416 or 01493 730540.