Slimmer Wendy's success
A SLIMMING sensation has transformed her lifestyle and appearance in the space of the last few months.Since joining WeightWatchers slimming club in June Gorleston woman Wendy Dolton, has dropped three dress sizes, shedding nearly three stone.
A SLIMMING sensation has transformed her lifestyle and appearance in the space of the last few months.
Since joining WeightWatchers slimming club in June Gorleston woman Wendy Dolton, has dropped three dress sizes, shedding nearly three stone.
After trying to lose weight for 20 years Wendy is reaping the benefits of her healthier eating habits.
Now a svelte size 12, and weighing 10st 5lb, she has taken up swimming and cut out the trips to takeaway restaurants.
You may also want to watch:
Her former convenience food diet has been replaced by meals of freshly cooked meat, fish and vegetables.
Instead of snacking on crisps and chocolate between meals, Wendy, 45, now enjoys healthy fruit and nuts.
- 1 Great Yarmouth man banned from high street at night
- 2 Driver in hospital after BMW car ends up in ditch
- 3 Princess Anne pays flying visit to historic Broads' boatyard
- 4 New Sports Direct in town's former M&S set for summer opening
- 5 Norfolk ban for three men who stole cash from Yarmouth fruit machines
- 6 The challenges of May 17 re-opening - including keeping people sat down
- 7 Woman shares horror after pet cat Dave is mutilated by elastic band
- 8 Coastal holiday parks getting £3m investment
- 9 "I love it here" - No surprise at village's Rightmove popularity
- 10 New dessert restaurant opens in Great Yarmouth
“I feel and look so much fitter and have much more energy,” said Wendy, who works as a supervisor for an electronics company.
“If you eat fast foods, you get hungry again after half an hour and putting some chicken in a steamer takes up less time than going to a takeaway.
“It is not any more expensive to follow a healthy diet and you really reap the benefits from eating well.
Husband Brian and son Anthony are also enjoying the nutritional dishes served up at a home by Wendy. The only downside has been that her clothes budget has soared now she can happily wear the latest fashions.
Friends are amazed by Wendy's new physique and keen to discover the secret of her success.
“It is not a diet, more of an eating plan and you can choose what to eat and have snacks between meals - the main thing is that they are healthy,” she said.
“I have made so many good friends at WeightWatchers, I did not know anybody when I first arrived, but was made to feel so welcome. We all encourage and motivate each other and even swap recipes. I spent years saying I was happy as I am, but wasn't really.”
Now Wendy is helping inspire others in the WeightWatchers club, which meets at the Kings Centre in Great Yarmouth.
Group leader Bridget Willets said: “Wendy is an inspiration to the other members.”
For more information about the club call Bridget on 07515715416 or 01493 730540.