Smoking help in Great Yarmouth
SMOKERS will be able to get help in quitting at informal drop in sessions taking place at the St James Resource centre in Great Yarmouth.
The sessions take place on Thursdays between 2pm and 3.30pm and focus on the needs of the individual clients.
The joint initiative has seen NHS Great Yarmouth and Waveney stop smoking advisor Anne Purchase-Walker team up with health trainer Liza Pepper to offer help with health and wellbeing.
“We’ll be providing masses of support, motivation and information in a friendly and relaxed atmosphere,” said Anne. “We want to encourage people to chat and share their thoughts and other helpful information.”Contact Anne Purchase-Walker on 07766 442973 or Liza Pepper on 07799 643423.
In addition, smokers interested in quitting can also sign up for early morning or evening sessions.
You may also want to watch:
Early morning clinics will take place on Tuesdays and Fridays from 7.30am, while an evening clinic will be held on Mondays.
Anyone interested in attending the sessions, which take place at the stop smoking team’s base in Police Station Road, Lowestoft, will need to book in advance by calling 0800 6523477 or texting QUIT to 65000.
- 1 All you need to know about Yarmouth's first fair in the park
- 2 Police called after elderly, sick seal attacked with stones
- 3 More than 31,000 tickets sold for Fire on the Water
- 4 The budget: Great Yarmouth estate to receive £860,000
- 5 Where sewage is being emptied in rivers and waters around Yarmouth
- 6 Airport-style security coming to seafront club amid spiking fears
- 7 Man who died after a medical episode in Hopton identified
- 8 This pub can be included on your Trick or Treat round
- 9 Mother and daughter celebrate multi-generation graduation
- 10 New boost for the Wellesley