South Denes loop road closes to public
THE South Denes loop road in Great Yarmouth will close to the public after Christmas as the outer harbour prepares to become fully operational.South Beach Parade and South Denes Road will be closed and gated.
THE South Denes loop road in Great Yarmouth will close to the public after Christmas as the outer harbour prepares to become fully operational.
South Beach Parade and South Denes Road will be closed and gated. On South Beach Parade the new gates on to the EastPort site will be 50m south of the junction with Hartmann Road.
For non-port traffic, vehicles heading south along South Beach Parade will be directed to turn right on to Hartmann Road, which connects with South Denes Road. South Denes Road will be gated close to the river mouth, and a new turning area will allow non-port traffic to turn without difficulty.
Altogether, just over 1km of highway is being shut to general traffic and incorporated into the port. Closure will allow EastPort's outer harbour and river port to operate as one.
You may also want to watch:
Eddie Freeman, EastPort's chief executive officer, said the road had been kept open for as long as possible during the harbour building project.
He added: “The construction phase is coming to an end, and from the end of this month it is important that the outer harbour and the river port can operate efficiently, securely and safely as a single entity.”
- 1 Drone photo shows £26m seafront leisure centre taking shape
- 2 Norfolk and Suffolk Election 2021: Low turnout in Great Yarmouth
- 3 'Water runs down the walls' - Woman, 65, hits out at mouldy council flat
- 4 What's opening in Great Yarmouth from May 17?
- 5 Covid jab centre receives additional vaccination stocks
- 6 Buy a B&B as nine for sale in 'boom year' for budget hotels
- 7 Man jailed after abducting 14-year-old girl
- 8 Historical clock restored after sitting in cellar for 60 years
- 9 Tributes to high street mechanic known as a 'local legend'
- 10 Man dies after being found unresponsive in car at retail park
The date and timing of the closure will depend on completion of work on the gates and the installation of road signs.