Special needs support launch
Help is at hand for parents and carers of special needs children at the first of a regular support meeting in Great Yarmouth tomorrow (Tuesday).The meeting is being held at the Smart Kids OK centre on Gapton Hall Road from 10am to noon.
HELP is at hand for parents and carers of special needs children at the first of a regular support meeting in Great Yarmouth tomorrow (Tuesday).
The meeting is being held at the Smart Kids OK centre on Gapton Hall Road from 10am to noon.
The Autistic Way charity, which runs the centre, has teamed up with Sure Start to launch the monthly sessions offering advice on behavioural issues, education and alternative therapies for children with any special needs.
A resource library has opened at Smart Kids and information will be available about the new Sure Start children's centre at Belton Primary School.
You may also want to watch:
Autistic Way fundraising and development officer Anna Homer said: “Lots of parents of children with special needs do not know who to turn to and we will give a warm welcome to anyone who would like to pop in for a coffee and a chat.
“It is the first meeting of this kind that we have held and are confident that teaming up with Sure Start is a step forward in getting the message across to as many parents as possible that we are here to help.”
- 1 'Glagoon' returns to Norfolk beach and locals are loving it
- 2 Spiking in Great Yarmouth club last weekend
- 3 Man dies after medical emergency on beach
- 4 Appeal to identify man, around 75, who died in medical episode
- 5 Man arrested on suspicion of drink and drug driving after fatal crash
- 6 Potters Resort expands into Essex after acquiring new site
- 7 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 8 'Road to nowhere' after erosion streak at Winterton
- 9 How Great Yarmouth are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 10 Norfolk boatyard sells at auction for almost double expected guide price
Next month's meeting is due to tale place on Tuesday, March 18. For more information call 01493-442123 or email firstname.lastname@example.org .