Special needs support launch
Help is at hand for parents and carers of special needs children at the first of a regular support meeting in Great Yarmouth tomorrow (Tuesday).The meeting is being held at the Smart Kids OK centre on Gapton Hall Road from 10am to noon.
HELP is at hand for parents and carers of special needs children at the first of a regular support meeting in Great Yarmouth tomorrow (Tuesday).
The meeting is being held at the Smart Kids OK centre on Gapton Hall Road from 10am to noon.
The Autistic Way charity, which runs the centre, has teamed up with Sure Start to launch the monthly sessions offering advice on behavioural issues, education and alternative therapies for children with any special needs.
A resource library has opened at Smart Kids and information will be available about the new Sure Start children's centre at Belton Primary School.
You may also want to watch:
Autistic Way fundraising and development officer Anna Homer said: “Lots of parents of children with special needs do not know who to turn to and we will give a warm welcome to anyone who would like to pop in for a coffee and a chat.
“It is the first meeting of this kind that we have held and are confident that teaming up with Sure Start is a step forward in getting the message across to as many parents as possible that we are here to help.”
- 1 Drone photo shows £26m seafront leisure centre taking shape
- 2 Norfolk and Suffolk Election 2021: Low turnout in Great Yarmouth
- 3 What can't open in Norfolk on May 17 - and why
- 4 6 things to do as temperatures set to rise to 21C
- 5 Historical clock restored after sitting in cellar for 60 years
- 6 Buy a B&B as nine for sale in 'boom year' for budget hotels
- 7 Five rare birds that have been spotted in Norfolk
- 8 'Water runs down the walls' - Woman, 65, hits out at mouldy council flat
- 9 Giles Orpen-Smellie elected as police and crime commissioner
- 10 Tributes to high street mechanic known as a 'local legend'
Next month's meeting is due to tale place on Tuesday, March 18. For more information call 01493-442123 or email email@example.com .