Special needs support launch
Help is at hand for parents and carers of special needs children at the first of a regular support meeting in Great Yarmouth tomorrow (Tuesday).The meeting is being held at the Smart Kids OK centre on Gapton Hall Road from 10am to noon.
HELP is at hand for parents and carers of special needs children at the first of a regular support meeting in Great Yarmouth tomorrow (Tuesday).
The meeting is being held at the Smart Kids OK centre on Gapton Hall Road from 10am to noon.
The Autistic Way charity, which runs the centre, has teamed up with Sure Start to launch the monthly sessions offering advice on behavioural issues, education and alternative therapies for children with any special needs.
A resource library has opened at Smart Kids and information will be available about the new Sure Start children's centre at Belton Primary School.
Autistic Way fundraising and development officer Anna Homer said: “Lots of parents of children with special needs do not know who to turn to and we will give a warm welcome to anyone who would like to pop in for a coffee and a chat.
“It is the first meeting of this kind that we have held and are confident that teaming up with Sure Start is a step forward in getting the message across to as many parents as possible that we are here to help.”
- 1 New York, Paris, Peckham, Great Yarmouth - Only Fools stars coming to town
- 2 'The best yet' - Yarmouth's celebration of wheels gearing up for return
- 3 New seafront festival promises feast of family fun
- 4 Access road for driveways denied to Gorleston residents
- 5 New Norfolk café is selling out of its custard tarts and Nutella-filled croissants
- 6 Tyson Fury is making a comeback to Gorleston
- 7 Heaven & Hell: David Whiteley and Amelia Reynolds
- 8 Charity football match to boost Norfolk and Waveney MIND
- 9 Green light for quarry's expansion and longer life
- 10 Pupils 'not afraid to share ideas' - School praised by Ofsted
Next month's meeting is due to tale place on Tuesday, March 18. For more information call 01493-442123 or email firstname.lastname@example.org .