Sports bar to host snooker legends
- Credit: Archant
Two snooker legends are set to recreate one of the most memorable world championship finals in the sport’s history at an event in Great Yarmouth.
World champions Steve Davis and Dennis Taylor will hold the snooker exhibition at Spencer's sports bar on Thursday, November 21.
The pair will reenact the famous deciding frame they were involved in at the World Snooker Championship in 1985.
With the game tied at 17 frames each at the Crucible in Sheffield, both players missed several shots at the black before Taylor sunk his fourth attempt to claim the prestigious title.
Owner of Spencer's sports bar, Spencer Jones, said: "Thursday is going to be a great night and is definitely an event not to be missed.
"Both players are extremely well known and will have some fantastic stories to tell."
Tickets for the event, which will also include a question and answer session, are available at £35 each.
- 1 New York, Paris, Peckham, Great Yarmouth - Only Fools stars coming to town
- 2 'The best yet' - Yarmouth's celebration of wheels gearing up for return
- 3 New seafront festival promises feast of family fun
- 4 New Norfolk café is selling out of its custard tarts and Nutella-filled croissants
- 5 Access road for driveways denied to Gorleston residents
- 6 Tyson Fury is making a comeback to Gorleston
- 7 Heaven & Hell: David Whiteley and Amelia Reynolds
- 8 Charity football match to boost Norfolk and Waveney MIND
- 9 Pupils 'not afraid to share ideas' - School praised by Ofsted
- 10 Green light for quarry's expansion and longer life
A meet and greet and buffet are included in the price.
To buy a ticket or for more information call 01493 853 395 or visit Spencer's sport bar's Facebook page.