Sponsored stroll for Stalham charity
A sponsored stroll has helped raise more than �400 for the Royal British Legion.Women from the Stalham branch of the Royal British Legion Women's Section organised a one-mile stroll around Stalham.
A sponsored stroll has helped raise more than �400 for the Royal British Legion.
Women from the Stalham branch of the Royal British Legion Women's Section organised a one-mile stroll around Stalham.
In total, 17 strollers, the oldest more than 90 years old, took part with their walkers and walking-sticks together with supporters, children and dogs.
So far they have raised �450 and, with money still coming in, hope to total more than �1,000.
You may also want to watch:
The stroll was organised as many of the women did not feel able to do the annual sponsored walk organised by the Royal British Legion Women's Section, which is a five-mile walk from Cromer to East Runton and back.
The walk, which took place on Friday, March 21, raises funds and awareness for the legion's work.
- 1 Police called after elderly, sick seal attacked with stones
- 2 The budget: Great Yarmouth estate to receive £860,000
- 3 Where sewage is being emptied in rivers and waters around Yarmouth
- 4 More than 31,000 tickets sold for Fire on the Water
- 5 All you need to know about Yarmouth's first fair in the park
- 6 This pub can be included on your Trick or Treat round
- 7 Fashion boss treats Yarmouth auntie to Mercedes for 60th birthday
- 8 Where can you see Father Christmas in the borough?
- 9 Public meetings to be held over 665-home bid
- 10 New boost for the Wellesley