Sport camp in Gorleston
Sporting respite camps for children with physical or learning disabilities are being staged across Norfolk this month.The two-day multi sport sessions enable youngsters to enjoy activities including football, basketball, tennis, and hockey.
Sporting respite camps for children with physical or learning disabilities are being staged across Norfolk this month.
The two-day multi sport sessions enable youngsters to enjoy activities including football, basketball, tennis, and hockey.
Parents and carers will have 10 hours of respite over the two days under the scheme, which is run by Norwich City Football Club and Football in the Community in conjunction with Short Breaks Pathfinder.
The course would normally cost about �40 but has been has been 90pc funded by Short Breaks Pathfinder with parents/carers only needing to pay a �5 administration fee.
You may also want to watch:
The sports sessions will be delivered by fully-qualified coaches who have experience in working with children with disabilities, while individual care will be provided by Crossroads Care, an organisation who provide support for children with complex needs.
On February 15-16 there are sessions at CNS, Norwich (10am-2pm); Lynn Grove High (10-3), and Attleborough Junior (10-3). On February 18-19 they are at Sidestrand Hall (10-3), Fred Nicholson Dereham (10-3).
- 1 'Glagoon' returns to Norfolk beach and locals are loving it
- 2 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 3 Man dies after medical emergency on beach
- 4 Spiking in Great Yarmouth club last weekend
- 5 How Great Yarmouth are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 6 Man arrested on suspicion of drink and drug driving after fatal crash
- 7 Bid for new affordable homes on 'eyesore' site in Gorleston
- 8 New vintage store opens bigger premises
- 9 Mother-of-two takes over slumber party business
- 10 Fire on the water bursts into life on Yarmouth seafront
For more information contact Darran Lovell on 01603 761122 (mobile 07888 653834) or Laurence York 01603 761122 (07884 066316).