Sport camp in Gorleston
Sporting respite camps for children with physical or learning disabilities are being staged across Norfolk this month.The two-day multi sport sessions enable youngsters to enjoy activities including football, basketball, tennis, and hockey.
Sporting respite camps for children with physical or learning disabilities are being staged across Norfolk this month.
The two-day multi sport sessions enable youngsters to enjoy activities including football, basketball, tennis, and hockey.
Parents and carers will have 10 hours of respite over the two days under the scheme, which is run by Norwich City Football Club and Football in the Community in conjunction with Short Breaks Pathfinder.
The course would normally cost about �40 but has been has been 90pc funded by Short Breaks Pathfinder with parents/carers only needing to pay a �5 administration fee.
The sports sessions will be delivered by fully-qualified coaches who have experience in working with children with disabilities, while individual care will be provided by Crossroads Care, an organisation who provide support for children with complex needs.
On February 15-16 there are sessions at CNS, Norwich (10am-2pm); Lynn Grove High (10-3), and Attleborough Junior (10-3). On February 18-19 they are at Sidestrand Hall (10-3), Fred Nicholson Dereham (10-3).
- 1 Man who raped teen jailed for six years
- 2 Police called to 'altercation' between pupils at Norfolk school
- 3 Yarmouth's wizard hotel to appear on Four in a Bed
- 4 Four men arrested following altercation by Great Yarmouth pub
- 5 Date set for road reopening after sewer collapse
- 6 'It's just not viable anymore' - Pub near Great Yarmouth closes
- 7 CCTV released of Great Yarmouth man whose body part was found on beach
- 8 'Well-respected' tattoo artist died at home after taking cocaine
- 9 Hospital opens £1.2m eye operation theatre to cut waiting times
- 10 TV show filmed in Norfolk starring Ainsley Harriott to air this month
For more information contact Darran Lovell on 01603 761122 (mobile 07888 653834) or Laurence York 01603 761122 (07884 066316).