Roller skaters from Great Yarmouth and Stalham club net medal haul at solo event
- Credit: Archant
Skaters from Stalham and Great Yarmouth Artistic Roller Skating Club attended the Federation of Artistic Roller Skating’s winter solo dance event in Kettering and came away with five medals.
Emily Woods, the junior British Champion for solo dance, gave three polished performances for solo compulsory dance, free dance and style dance and came home with three gold medals.
She also skated with her couples partner Jonny Clegg from Bolton and came fourth.
Ann Young’s hard work and dedication throughout the year paid off as she won her a gold medal for compulsory dance in the master’s solo dance 40-55 years. The club said her performance was confident and smooth.
Mia Steward gave a graceful performance and won a silver medal in the inter-bronze free dance category. Ellis Parker gave an equally strong performance and received a fourth place.
Both skaters trained very hard for the winter solo competition and skated confidently with enjoyment and passion, which the club said was evident in their results with Mia receiving a fifth place and Ellis a sixth place in their compulsory dance.
Rebecca Dixon skated a cha cha Patin in her compulsory solo dance securing her a fifth place in the inter bronze category and gaining a 13th place in free dance.
- 1 Seaside bar taken over for three weeks by Hollywood crew shooting film
- 2 Roadworks will see a Gorleston road closed for three months
- 3 Mayor left waiting as cruise ship can not dock at Yarmouth due to winds
- 4 Investigations continue after body part of man found on Yarmouth beach
- 5 Cyclists embark on challenge from Gorleston to London
- 6 7 delicious places to eat in Great Yarmouth's Regent Road
- 7 The seven cheapest streets in Great Yarmouth
- 8 Great Yarmouth roadworks expected to be finished by the end of the month
- 9 £65,000 of improvements will see Gorleston street closed for six weeks
- 10 'Revolutionary' cancer test trial to begin in Great Yarmouth
Toni Louise Lowe skated a strong performance in the bronze category for her compulsory dance and placed 12th in a very tough group.
It was the club’s last competition of the year.
The Stalham and Great Yarmouth Artistic Roller Skating Club is recruiting for 2018.
Club sessions are Thursdays, Saturdays and Sundays. The fun and grades session is Saturday 2.30-3.30pm. For skating times call 01493 655552 and ask for Martin Pickering. Club sessions are held in the Marina Centre sports hall on Great Yarmouth seafront.