Statement from Simon Everitt's family
Vince and Susan Everitt, the father and step-mother of Simon Everitt, issued this statement following the verdict at Norwich Crown Court.
Vince and Susan Everitt, the father and step-mother of Simon Everitt, issued this statement following the verdict at Norwich Crown Court:
“Simon was a loving son and brother. He loved life and lived it to the full, never wanting to waste a minute. He enjoyed college and excelled in his time there and became a student council rep in his second year.
“He had so many aspiration and we would often wonder which he would eventually choose. He loved music and loved to sing. In what was to become his last few months alive he was working on strengthening his vocals with a view to becoming a member of the entertainment staff at one of the holiday camps like his dad.
“He loved animals and definitely had a special bond with them. Because of this terrible crime against him, Simon will never be able to fulfil his many plans and aspirations, and that we will never be able to forgive.
“Simon leaves behind a family that loved him dearly and miss him terribly. His tragic and horrific death should not happen to anyone let alone such a young and energetic young man with everything to live for.
“His death has left a gaping hold in our lives, one that can never be filled. The nature of this untimely death can only make the recovery period for us as a family even more difficult and prolonged.
- 1 'Heartbroken' pet owner thanks community after missing dog found dead
- 2 Taxi driver hopes to be named Miss Voluptuous UK
- 3 7 of the best places to get street food on the Norfolk coast
- 4 Body found in the sea at Great Yarmouth
- 5 Builder of 15 years puts down tools and opens smokehouse restaurant
- 6 New performing arts studio is something to sing about for Gabriella, 21
- 7 Man charged in connection with coastal village burglaries
- 8 East Norfolk road closed with firefighters at the scene
- 9 Pregnancy loss charity opens Great Yarmouth support hub
- 10 Lovely jubbly! Only Fools and Horses tribute show heads to town
“We would like to thank the members of the Major Investigation Team for all their hard work since Simon's murder. In particular our family liaison officers, Mark Chapman and Trevor Murphy; who have helped us through what can only be described as the most horrendous time. We would also like to thanks the members of Victim Support especially Helen and Sylvia for going beyond the call of duty.
“Without these people we would not have made it through the worst years of our lives.”