Station link work starts
WORK started today on a �70,000 project to provide a direct pedestrian and cycle link into Great Yarmouth Railway Station.The new access to the station, from the Runham Vauxhall side of Acle New Road, will take eight weeks to complete.
WORK started today on a �70,000 project to provide a direct pedestrian and cycle link into Great Yarmouth Railway Station.
The new access to the station, from the Runham Vauxhall side of Acle New Road, will take eight weeks to complete.
A traffic light-controlled pedestrian crossing put in just over four years ago, after a campaign by the Runham Vauxhall Residents Association, did not include a direct link to the railway station.
The county council has now been able to start work on a project that will
�Create a fully accessible pedestrian and cycle link from the toucan crossing to the railway station;
�Formalise and tidy up an informal parking area;
- 1 Palmers: What is the plan, and when will it be finished?
- 2 Inquest held into death of Gorleston man aged 32
- 3 Norfolk police officer goes on the run to win £100,000 on Hunted
- 4 Fly-tipping mattresses costs mother and son over £1,000
- 5 Four fire crews tackle flat blaze in Great Yarmouth
- 6 Which Great Yarmouth roads are holding Jubilee parties
- 7 New York, Paris, Peckham, Great Yarmouth - Only Fools stars coming to town
- 8 Former nurse died while on holiday on Norfolk coast
- 9 Broads' tragedy: Laura Perry inquest adjourned until end of year
- 10 Roadworks to be aware of in and around Great Yarmouth this week
�Improve landscaping, including the planting of around ten trees.
�Provide better lighting, sites for seating and improved litter bins.
The 3m wide path caters for pedestrians and cyclists, crossing the ASDA and station access road to the station forecourt.
Most of the construction will not affect road users, but temporary traffic lights will be installed while a raised pedestrian section on the roadway is completed. The scheme is being carried out by May Gurney as part of the Norfolk Strategic Partnership.