Step up for Relay for Life
CANCER Research UK's Relay for Life will return to the borough this year on July 18 at Caister High School. Last year was the first Relay for Life in this area and organisers hope to top the �19,750 raised for the charity.
CANCER Research UK's Relay for Life will return to the borough this year on July 18 at Caister High School.
Last year was the first Relay for Life in this area and organisers hope to top the �19,750 raised for the charity.
The Great Yarmouth Relay for Life aims to bring together as many people as possible for up to 24 hours to celebrate the lives of those who have survived cancer and remember those who may not have been so fortunate.
The event is now the world's largest simultaneous fundraising event held in 22 countries.
You may also want to watch:
So far 13 teams have registered in the event and members are already busy fundraising in the build-up to the relay when they will take it in turns to keep a stream of people walking around the track for more than 20 hours.
The event kicks off with a lap of honour by cancer survivors and other activities include live bands, singing, dancing and martial arts displays, and five-a-side football, Pilates classes, face painting and lots of games and stalls.
- 1 Thrilling Fire on the Water show to light up Yarmouth
- 2 One person left with serious injuries after Yarmouth crash
- 3 Police appeal after motorcyclist sustains serious injuries in crash
- 4 Burglars make off with bird equipment after Great Yarmouth break in
- 5 Spectacular show to light up Great Yarmouth's Venetian Waterways
- 6 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 7 Hope steps seen in Danny Boyle's Yesterday will get much-needed repairs
- 8 Meet the Yarmouth firm on tonight's Grand Designs
- 9 Dog prices stay high after lockdown boom, buyers say
- 10 Woman suffers fatal heart attack in ambulance outside Paget
Any cancer survivors interested in taking part should call Julie Hanks on 07812980747. For event details call Stephen Bower on 07740699233.