Sterling effort for hospital
A Yarmouth couple have given surgeons at the James Paget University Hospital in Gorleston a �3,000 boost by selling jewellery, blankets and ornaments.Godfrey and Vera Ringwood raised the money over the years by setting up stalls across the region.
A Yarmouth couple have given surgeons at the James Paget University Hospital in Gorleston a �3,000 boost by selling jewellery, blankets and ornaments.
Godfrey and Vera Ringwood raised the money over the years by setting up stalls across the region.
Their community minded efforts meant the hospital could be buy laparoscopic needle holders for its surgical department.
Raman Guruswamy, associate specialist at the JPH, said: “We are extremely grateful to Mr and Mrs Ringwood whose generous donation has allowed us to purchase these new needle holders for use during surgery.
You may also want to watch:
“Our supporters make an enormous difference to the lives of our patients as their work often allows us to buy new and improved equipment.
“We would like to take this opportunity to thank them all for their tremendous efforts over the years.”
- 1 Norfolk seaside village third most sought-after in UK
- 2 Queen writes to Lily, 5, in reply to condolences card
- 3 Bid for four-storey waterside flats on warehouse site
- 4 Nine cars damaged in overnight spree in Great Yarmouth
- 5 What can't open in Norfolk on May 17 - and why
- 6 Five rare birds that have been spotted in Norfolk
- 7 Woman, 29, gets cervical cancer all-clear after lockdown shock
- 8 Drone photo shows £26m seafront leisure centre taking shape
- 9 Legal challenge over riverside footpath is finally resolved
- 10 9 long walking trails to explore in Norfolk