Sterling effort for hospital
A Yarmouth couple have given surgeons at the James Paget University Hospital in Gorleston a �3,000 boost by selling jewellery, blankets and ornaments.Godfrey and Vera Ringwood raised the money over the years by setting up stalls across the region.
A Yarmouth couple have given surgeons at the James Paget University Hospital in Gorleston a �3,000 boost by selling jewellery, blankets and ornaments.
Godfrey and Vera Ringwood raised the money over the years by setting up stalls across the region.
Their community minded efforts meant the hospital could be buy laparoscopic needle holders for its surgical department.
Raman Guruswamy, associate specialist at the JPH, said: “We are extremely grateful to Mr and Mrs Ringwood whose generous donation has allowed us to purchase these new needle holders for use during surgery.
You may also want to watch:
“Our supporters make an enormous difference to the lives of our patients as their work often allows us to buy new and improved equipment.
“We would like to take this opportunity to thank them all for their tremendous efforts over the years.”
- 1 Woman felt her life was 'destroyed' after rape by two men, court hears
- 2 'Something really fresh for Great Yarmouth' - Empire ready to re-open
- 3 Public urged to check outbuildings as fears grow for missing woman
- 4 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 5 Man seriously injured after crash on A149
- 6 Forensic officers back as hunt for missing Patricia Holland in fifth day
- 7 Police sniffer dogs join search for missing woman
- 8 Family ‘desperately worried’ for grandmother missing for five days
- 9 'Very little known' about man, 76, who died at home, inquest hears
- 10 'Busy' wildlife rescue centre bids for a permanent home