Sterling effort for hospital
A Yarmouth couple have given surgeons at the James Paget University Hospital in Gorleston a �3,000 boost by selling jewellery, blankets and ornaments.Godfrey and Vera Ringwood raised the money over the years by setting up stalls across the region.
A Yarmouth couple have given surgeons at the James Paget University Hospital in Gorleston a �3,000 boost by selling jewellery, blankets and ornaments.
Godfrey and Vera Ringwood raised the money over the years by setting up stalls across the region.
Their community minded efforts meant the hospital could be buy laparoscopic needle holders for its surgical department.
Raman Guruswamy, associate specialist at the JPH, said: “We are extremely grateful to Mr and Mrs Ringwood whose generous donation has allowed us to purchase these new needle holders for use during surgery.
You may also want to watch:
“Our supporters make an enormous difference to the lives of our patients as their work often allows us to buy new and improved equipment.
“We would like to take this opportunity to thank them all for their tremendous efforts over the years.”
- 1 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 2 How Great Yarmouth are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 3 Bid for new affordable homes on 'eyesore' site in Gorleston
- 4 New vintage store opens bigger premises
- 5 Part of A143 closed after three-vehicle crash in early hours
- 6 N-Dubz themed bottomless brunch announced for Norfolk
- 7 Picture special: Fire on the Water thrills crowds
- 8 Fire on the water bursts into life on Yarmouth seafront
- 9 'Never seen anything like it' - Norfolk Christmas shopping frenzy has begun
- 10 Mother-of-two takes over slumber party business