Stop smoking help in Yarmouth
People in Yarmouth and Waveney are being offered all the help they need to stop smoking by dropping into their local pharmacy.During the next few weeks, fully qualified stop smoking advisors from NHS Great Yarmouth and Waveney will be visiting pharmacies throughout the area to offer customers the chance to join a free stop smoking treatment programme.
People in Yarmouth and Waveney are being offered all the help they need to stop smoking by dropping into their local pharmacy.
During the next few weeks, fully qualified stop smoking advisors from NHS Great Yarmouth and Waveney will be visiting pharmacies throughout the area to offer customers the chance to join a free stop smoking treatment programme.
Tracey Read, health promoter from the primary care trust, said: “We would encourage anyone who has thought about stopping smoking or would like to do so to come along to one of these sessions and find out how we can help.
“Smoking is the biggest preventable cause of death in the UK and can also cause significant health problems and illness. Many smokers find it very difficult to stop - but getting the right help and support from the NHS can significantly increase your chances of success, leaving you feeling fitter, healthier and happier.”
You may also want to watch:
Miss Read and her colleagues will be at the following pharmacies over the coming weeks:
- Thursday March 25, 11am to 2pm - Boots, London Road North, Lowestoft
- 1 Minke whale washes up on beach
- 2 Ghostly photos show deserted Yarmouth in lockdown
- 3 Tributes to much-loved Laura, 28, after Covid death
- 4 Council pay out six claims to drivers after car park ramp damaged vehicles
- 5 Neighbours oppose off-licence over crime fears
- 6 Warnings for snow and ice in place across region
- 7 Discount hobby shop The Works 'could run out of money'
- 8 Norfolk-based Brexit Party founder punished for Covid protest
- 9 Firearms collector, 72, jailed for having illegal shotgun and pistol
- 10 Inquest rules 'witty and strong-willed' 26-year-old's death accidental
- Friday March 26, 9am to 12pm - Superdrug, the Britten Centre, Lowestoft
- Wednesday April 7, 11am to 2pm - Boots, Market Gates Shopping Centre, Great Yarmouth
- Friday April 9, 11am to 2pm - Asda, Acle New Road, Great Yarmouth
To sign up for help from NHS Great Yarmouth and Waveney's stop smoking service, text QUIT to 65000 or call 01493 452067.