Store set for makeover
THE Gorleston branch of Wilkinson is set for a makeover as part of a nationwide update by the home and garden retailer. The store, in the High Street shopping centre, will close its doors, at 6pm on Tuesday and re-opens 9am Thursday.
THE Gorleston branch of Wilkinson is set for a makeover as part of a nationwide update by the home and garden retailer.
The store, in the High Street shopping centre, will close its doors, at 6pm on Tuesday and re-opens 9am Thursday.
The ceremonial ribbon will be cut by Great Yarmouth and Gorleston Lifeboat chairman, Jim Carter, and coxswain, Steve Bartram - who celebrates 20 years of service as a volunteer on the lifeboat this year.
Staff will be handing out sweets and balloons throughout the day. Volunteers from the Anthony Nolan Trust will also be on hand to run a guess the number of sweets in the jar competition.
You may also want to watch:
A face painter will be in store to entertain children between 10am and 4pm.
Store manager Tracey Vernall said: “We are looking forward to giving the Gorleston store a fresh new look, creating a brighter shopping environment, while maintaining the same great low prices and fantastic bargains we are famous for.”
- 1 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 2 Bid for new affordable homes on 'eyesore' site in Gorleston
- 3 How Great Yarmouth are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 4 Mother-of-two takes over slumber party business
- 5 New vintage store opens bigger premises
- 6 'Never seen anything like it' - Norfolk Christmas shopping frenzy has begun
- 7 Fire on the water bursts into life on Yarmouth seafront
- 8 Part of A143 closed after three-vehicle crash in early hours
- 9 N-Dubz themed bottomless brunch announced for Norfolk
- 10 Picture special: Fire on the Water thrills crowds