Strong winds smash 6ft brick wall in Great Yarmouth
- Credit: Archant
Strong winds caused a 6ft brick wall to collapse in Great Yarmouth today (Wednesday).
Nobody was injured when bricks crashed to the floor in Coronation Terrace at around 3pm, and residents showed community spirit as they banded together to clear the debris.
A neighbour who owns a trailer set the ball rolling, and around half a dozen people helped pile bricks into it.
Within 15 minutes there was little trace of the smashed wall.
Patrick Green, 21, lives in Coronation Terrace.
He said: “It just sounded like a bin falling over and everybody came out to see.
“Luckily nobody was walking past the wall at the time.
- 1 Four men arrested following altercation by Great Yarmouth pub
- 2 Tyson Fury is making a comeback to Gorleston
- 3 Yarmouth's wizard hotel to appear on Four in a Bed
- 4 Man who raped teen jailed for six years
- 5 'It's just not viable anymore' - Pub near Great Yarmouth closes
- 6 Police called to 'altercation' between pupils at Norfolk school
- 7 Date set for road reopening after sewer collapse
- 8 Man to be sentenced next month over Norfolk pub attack
- 9 Hospital opens £1.2m eye operation theatre to cut waiting times
- 10 TV show filmed in Norfolk starring Ainsley Harriott to air this month
“Jim delivers for the second hand shop and brought his trailer.
“As long as there’s more than one person helping it was ok.”