Thousands expected to attend huge four-day steam extravaganza
- Credit: Heritage Snapper
Steam fans from across the UK will head to Norfolk over the jubilee bank holiday as a popular event returns.
The Strumpshaw Steam Engine Rally 2022 will run from Thursday, June 2, until Sunday, June 5, at the Strumpshaw Hall Steam Museum from 9am until late each day.
More than 10,000 visitors are expected and on display for the first time in decades will be a special pair of restored Fowler ploughing engines, dating from 1919.
There will be around 100 vintage cars, 100 vintage tractors and pieces of agricultural machinery, 50 full-sized steam engines, and 60 miniature steam engines models on display.
There will also be entertainment in the Grand Ring, including heavy horse and working dogs displays.
Other attractions include train rides, a 1930s Noah's Ark Speedway Ride, craft stalls, and fairground rides.
You will be able to get a tasty lunch with a variety of food and drink outlets, including a bar.
- 1 Where you can watch fireworks in Great Yarmouth this summer
- 2 Plans to revamp Great Yarmouth town centre gather pace
- 3 Football club president is face known to thousand of Hippodrome fans
- 4 Everything you need to know ahead of Great Yarmouth Wheels Festival
- 5 7 famous faces with Great Yarmouth links
- 6 Man killed 96-year-old bystander in road rage crash
- 7 Rapid growth of farm shop proves value of business diversity
- 8 Pupils put best feet forward to celebrate their school's 150th anniversary
- 9 'There will be a huge impact' - Councillor's fears ahead of 665 homes vote
- 10 Town road works extended due to depression in road surface
Tickets cost £10 for adults (payable by cash only on the gate) and are free for under-16s.