Roller skaters end year on a high with hundreds of medals
- Credit: Retroskate ARSC
Home-grown roller skaters ended the year with an impressive haul of 225 medals.
The final stack of gongs came in Great Yarmouth when Retroskate Artistic Roller Skating Club hosted a two-day inter-club annual competition at its base in Marine Parade.
The event saw the club welcome some 500 visitors including skaters, coaches, parents and supporters making it one of the biggest sports events in the area.
Skaters aged between five and 50 years old competed for the home club winning 68 medal places, comprising 28 gold, 25 silver, and 15 bronze.
A spokesman said: “Such a big event takes months to plan, a big thank you goes out to all involved and a special mention to Dimitriv Popova of Sputnik Control Loop Solutions who sponsored the 184 medals presented to the first, second and third placings.”
You may also want to watch:
This year the club has won 225 medals across six UK competitions and four internationals.
- 1 What's opening in Great Yarmouth from May 17?
- 2 Drone photo shows £26m seafront leisure centre taking shape
- 3 'Water runs down the walls' - Woman, 65, hits out at mouldy council flat
- 4 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 5 Buy a B&B as nine for sale in 'boom year' for budget hotels
- 6 Man charged with having more than 220,000 indecent images of children
- 7 Three adorable abandoned day-old kittens adopted by stray
- 8 Tributes to high street mechanic known as a 'local legend'
- 9 Norfolk and Suffolk Election 2021: Low turnout in Great Yarmouth
- 10 Man dies after being found unresponsive in car at retail park