Flegg High to hold summer fair and farmers market
- Credit: Flegg High School
The Flegg event team and students at Flegg High Ormiston Academy are getting ready for their yearly summer fair and farmers market.
During Enrichment week this week the students have been busy making chutney which will be available to purchase on Saturday between 10am and 4pm.
They will also be baking various breads on Saturday.
The event will see over 40 stalls attending selling fresh produce, preserves, plants, woodwork, iron work, textiles, beauty products and crafts.
There will also be lots of fun to be had on the games run by students which include tombola’s, pig racing, hook a duck, card game, peg game, hoopla, tin can alley, nerf gun game, bouncy castle and a tractor full of balloons.
Along with the games there will be a raffle which includes over 15 sets of tickets and vouchers for local attractions such as Hippodrome Circus, Norwich Castle, Pleasurewood Hills, Martham Ferry Boat Yard, skiing lessons, Time and Time Museum, Thrigby Wildlife Gardens, Cromer Museum, Oasis Swimming Pool, Theatre Royal, Pavilion Theatre, Gressenhall Farm and Workhouse plus lots of different hampers.
A sound system that will be used on the day to play music and students will be performing throughout the day on stage.
- 1 Green light for new Sainsbury's store on 850-home estate
- 2 Drone shots show British warship anchored off Yarmouth ahead of Jubilee
- 3 Work begins on £3m Great Yarmouth council flats development
- 4 Mixed feelings for traders as they move into Great Yarmouth's new market
- 5 Hero boxer rescues man who plunged into river to save dog
- 6 Six arrested after Willow the dog finds 'substantial' quantity of drugs
- 7 Pleasure Beach to hold fireworks spectacular for Queen's Platinum Jubilee
- 8 Man stopped by police while driving day after admitting he had no licence
- 9 M&S to close 32 stores as part of move away from town centres
- 10 Vets expanding to garage site amid surge in new animal owners
There will be a wide range of refreshments available including a barbrcue, hot sausage rolls, cakes, cookies, popcorn and ice cream with lots of seating inside and outside.