Bid to replace seafront home with super-modern mansion
- Credit: Archant
A new mansion house complete with swimming pool, library, cinema, and gym could rise up along one of the seaside’s most sought-after streets.
The new home, an L-shaped block shown as all sharp lines and wall to ceiling windows, is being proposed in place of The Links on Gorleston’s prestigious Marine Parade where residents enjoy uninterrupted views of the sea.
The existing house at number 50 took its name from the neighbouring pub and hotel which was knocked down in 1998 to make way for five detached houses.
One objection has been raised over potential noise from the swimming pool from people jumping in and the whirr of pumping equipment.
Plans submitted to Great Yarmouth Borough Council for the new house show a modern-style, flat-roofed building over three levels.
MORE: The secret war waged within Gorleston housesSome of the four bedrooms have balconies, dressing rooms, and en-suites with a bridge shown linking the master bedroom with the cinema and library space.
You may also want to watch:
Elsewhere there are various snugs, a gym, and an outdoor swimming pool.
Three years ago permission was given to sweep away the large white house and build two houses on the site.
To view the plans visit the borough council website or click the link here.
- 1 Teaching couple moving to Wales after decades in Great Yarmouth
- 2 Coronavirus rates where you live in Great Yarmouth borough
- 3 Shoplifters arrested and car seized as police swoop on street
- 4 Hippodrome owners plan to open circus-themed cafe
- 5 Parents react to twice weekly Covid tests for school households
- 6 £18m price tag for energy hotbed to create 650 jobs
- 7 Drivers face delays following traffic accident on junction
- 8 'Forgotten' pub to go under hammer after fails to sell
- 9 Police condemn 'blatant' lockdown breaches as 160 fined
- 10 Power cut caused by electric pole fire hits more than 600 homes