Bid to replace seafront home with super-modern mansion
- Credit: Archant
A new mansion house complete with swimming pool, library, cinema, and gym could rise up along one of the seaside’s most sought-after streets.
The new home, an L-shaped block shown as all sharp lines and wall to ceiling windows, is being proposed in place of The Links on Gorleston’s prestigious Marine Parade where residents enjoy uninterrupted views of the sea.
The existing house at number 50 took its name from the neighbouring pub and hotel which was knocked down in 1998 to make way for five detached houses.
One objection has been raised over potential noise from the swimming pool from people jumping in and the whirr of pumping equipment.
Plans submitted to Great Yarmouth Borough Council for the new house show a modern-style, flat-roofed building over three levels.
MORE: The secret war waged within Gorleston housesSome of the four bedrooms have balconies, dressing rooms, and en-suites with a bridge shown linking the master bedroom with the cinema and library space.
You may also want to watch:
Elsewhere there are various snugs, a gym, and an outdoor swimming pool.
Three years ago permission was given to sweep away the large white house and build two houses on the site.
To view the plans visit the borough council website or click the link here.
- 1 Third teenager arrested over Yarmouth park stabbing
- 2 Tesco applies to sell alcohol from pub site
- 3 Seaside cafe opens new toy library for dogs
- 4 Thrilling Fire on the Water show to light up Yarmouth
- 5 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 6 Crowds pour on to streets to enjoy light and sound display
- 7 Gorleston high street closed this week for emergency gas works
- 8 They started life in lockdown - but how are these businesses doing now?
- 9 Award-winning Halloween event returns to Great Yarmouth this half term
- 10 The most popular baby names in Norfolk in 2020 are revealed