Comedian Susan Calman set to visit Norfolk Broads on Channel 5 programme
- Credit: IWC Media
Presenter and comedian Susan Calman is set to discover the Norfolk Broads as part of a Channel 5 programme.
The second series of Susan Calman's Grand Day Out will begin on The Broads where she is invited aboard a restored boat known as a wherry.
On her travels, she tries her hand at quanting — a method used to push boats along shallow waterways — and visits North Norfolk, where the comedian gets a taste of Cromer crab.
Ms Calman also discovers local jig dolls, which are part puppet part percussion instrument, and this leads to a “very happy time in a pub”.
The programme follows the presenter as she hits the road for grand days out in a vintage campervan to discover Britain's most scenically stunning road trips.
It is set to appear on Channel 5, and on-demand service My5, on Friday, October 8 at 10pm.
You can also watch previous episodes online here.
- 1 Great Yarmouth fashion boss offers free Maldives holiday
- 2 Renewed objections to demolition of pub empty for a decade
- 3 Bid for superbike warehouse bringing 30 jobs shifts to new site
- 4 New operators take over at council-owned leisure centre
- 5 See inside £1.1m Broads' home with own cottage and pool
- 6 Pregnancy joy for slimmer who lost over 6 stone for IVF
- 7 New thrill ride arrives at seaside theme park
- 8 5 classic car shows you can visit in Norfolk this year
- 9 Injuries reported after crash closes road in Great Yarmouth
- 10 Long stretch of A47 closed overnight due to crash