Tall ship Stavros S Niarchos set to visit Great Yarmouth this weekend
WAVES will be made in Great Yarmouth tomorrow when the Tall Ship Stavros S Niarchos welcomes visitors on board to have a look around its decks tomorrow.
The ship, operated by the Tall Ships Youth Trust charity, will be moored at South Quay before setting sail for a five night voyage to Blyth.
Visitors will be able to view the historic vessel from 11am-4pm and volunteer crew will be on hand to answer any questions people may have about how the ship is run.
The Trust offers a variety of sailing adventures for both children and adults on board the tall ship and so information on how to get on board will also be available.
Visitors are advised that spaces to look around the ship will be allocated on a first come first served basis.
There are also still places available on the voyage from Great Yarmouth to Blyth from Sunday until next Friday for a special price of �225 (was �399) per person including all food, soft drinks, safety equipment, use of waterproofs and training.
The journey will provide people aged 18-75 the chance to become part of the crew and experience sailing and living onboard a square rigged Tall Ship. Voyage Crew will be taught how to set the sails, climb the rigging and helm the ship as well as help with the cooking and cleaning for all of the crew onboard.
- 1 Mixed feelings for traders as they move into Great Yarmouth's new market
- 2 Rollesby mum shares heartbreak after death of her seven-year-old daughter
- 3 Six arrested after Willow the dog finds 'substantial' quantity of drugs
- 4 Drone shots show British warship anchored off Yarmouth ahead of Jubilee
- 5 Green light for new Sainsbury's store on 850-home estate
- 6 Tributes to 'wonderful' school head who loved to see children learn
- 7 Crews called to collapsed walker on remote Norfolk Broads' path
- 8 Work begins on £3m Great Yarmouth council flats development
- 9 Hero boxer rescues man who plunged into river to save dog
- 10 8 places where you can see fireworks for free in Norfolk for the jubilee
The trip is also a specially-themed wildlife voyage and experts will be onboard to point out local species of birds and sea mammals during the voyage.
To find out more or book a place, call the Tall Ships Adventures Reservations Team on 023 9283 2055 or visit www.tallships.org.