Teenage girl punched ‘a number of times’ in the face near chip shop
- Credit: Archant
Witnesses are being sought after a teenage girl was punched in the face in Gorleston High Street.
The incident happened on Wednesday November 14 at around 6pm and saw the girl taken to hospital for treatment.
Police said she was approached by a group of young people in the high street near Mr Chips and was punched in the face a number of times.
Another teenage girl, from the Gorleston area, was arrested in connection with the assault and has since been released from custody with no bail conditions.
However, she remains under investigation whilst the enquiry continues.
Officers are keen to speak to anyone who witnessed the incident or has information concerning it.
They’re asked to contact PC 721 Young at Gorleston Police Station on 101 quoting reference 36/71772/18.
- 1 'Well-respected' tattoo artist died at home after taking cocaine
- 2 Car flips on to roof in three-vehicle crash in Yarmouth
- 3 Free open top bus tours to show off Great Yarmouth's seafront
- 4 CCTV released of Great Yarmouth man whose body part was found on beach
- 5 Former Game store earmarked as enterprise hub
- 6 Alcohol seized during police town centre community patrols
- 7 Council defends cost of £70 posy vases amid criticism
- 8 Six ways Yarmouth wants to solve its housing crisis and 'compete with Norwich'
- 9 Bid to extend life of quarry in Broads' village to 85 years
- 10 Why this Gorleston church is place to be for Queen's Jubilee party fun
Alternatively contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.