Youths seen climbing on top of Poundstretcher
- Credit: Submitted
Groups of teenagers have been seen repeatedly on the rooftop of a Great Yarmouth store
Two teenaged girls were seen on the roof of Poundstretcher in Regent Road on Monday afternoon.
A woman who took a photograph of the two girls described how the girls swore at her from the top of the building.
There have been other similar incidents, including two boys in their teens being seen on top of the roof two weeks previously, leading to police being called.
Norfolk Police said: "Police were called to reports of teenagers on the roof at Pound Stretcher, in Regent Road at 5.19pm on 28 September.
"Security at the location were made aware but no one was found."
Mike Smith-Clare, Labour’s county lead for children and young people, said: "It’s always a worry when young people risk their own safety and face possible arrest while in search of fun.
- 1 Roadside restaurant aiming to re-open before Christmas
- 2 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 3 Third teenager arrested over Yarmouth park stabbing
- 4 Tesco applies to sell alcohol from pub site
- 5 Seal charity to take 'unprecendented' action to protect Norfolk seal colony
- 6 Crowds pour on to streets to enjoy light and sound display
- 7 Seaside cafe opens new toy library for dogs
- 8 Student nurse's plea after two years of university work stolen from car
- 9 They started life in lockdown - but how are these businesses doing now?
- 10 The most popular baby names in Norfolk in 2020 are revealed
"We need more structured activities that enable young people to let off steam without facing condemnation.”
Poundstretcher has been contacted for comment.