Teens stole lead from building site
TWO teenagers admitted stealing lead from a building site yesterday at Great Yarmouth Magistrates Court. Lead and metal thefts have been an increasing problem in recent months as a result of spiralling metal prices.
TWO teenagers admitted stealing lead from a building site yesterday at Great Yarmouth Magistrates Court.
Lead and metal thefts have been an increasing problem in recent months as a result of spiralling metal prices. Robert Kitchen and Kevin Sanderson, both 18, admitted stealing £500 worth of lead from Norfolk Homes' Blue Skies Park development at Bradwell, near Yarmouth. Sanderson, of Gainsborough Avenue, Bradwell, asked for one offence of stealing lead flashing from a house in Gainsborough Avenue and another of stealing copper piping to be taken into consideration. Kitchen, of Brasenose Avenue, Gorleston, asked for an offence of handling the stolen copper piping to be taken into consideration.
They were caught after police went to a scrap metal merchants' on South Quay in Yarmouth, whose CCTV records showed the pair turning up to sell the metal for £500.
Chairman of the bench Paula Brown said: “We find you worked as a team. That makes it more serious.” She ordered Sanderson, who was of previous good character, to pay £250 compensation to Norfolk Homes.
You may also want to watch:
Kitchen also pleaded guilty to two counts of criminal damage to his parents' house. He has a record of nine offences of theft and burglary since 2006. Sentencing was adjourned for a week until April 8, and Mrs Brown told him they were considering a medium-level community punishment.
- 1 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 2 Thrilling Fire on the Water show to light up Yarmouth
- 3 Spectacular show to light up Great Yarmouth's Venetian Waterways
- 4 One person left with serious injuries after Yarmouth crash
- 5 Burglars make off with bird equipment after Great Yarmouth break in
- 6 Police appeal after motorcyclist sustains serious injuries in crash
- 7 Councillors in coastal village vow to fight 665 homes bid
- 8 Meet the Yarmouth firm on tonight's Grand Designs
- 9 Hope steps seen in Danny Boyle's Yesterday will get much-needed repairs
- 10 Teens aged 15 and 16 arrested after man stabbed in park robbery