‘It is grim’ - Shoppers put off by mystery pong at Tesco store
- Credit: Archant
A mystery pong is putting off shoppers at a village supermarket.
Residents of Belton have complained about a smell at the Tesco Express in the village, with some customers taking to social media on Wednesday (October 9) describing the smell as "foul", "disgusting" and "vile".
A spokesperson for Tesco said: "We're sorry there's a musty smell in our Belton Express store and we have engineers on site working very hard to fix this as quickly as possible."
The odour was perceptible on Thursday afternoon (October 10), stronger in some parts of the store than others.
Julie George said it puts her off buying anything in the store, which sits in a block of shops and takeaways on Bell Lane.
You may also want to watch:
Emma King commented: "I feel sorry for the poor staff. Just been in there and it's worse than normal."
Karen Walsh said the smell took her breath away.
- 1 'An absolute shock' - clifftop cafe closed amid demolition fears
- 2 Firefighters rescue man trapped in crane
- 3 'Nothing worse than shut shops': Relief in Great Yarmouth as lockdown lifts
- 4 Schools in Norfolk closed or partially shut due to coronavirus
- 5 Covid-19 vaccine: who will get it, when and how?
- 6 Cash and jewellery stolen in Gorleston burglary
- 7 Ho, ho...go! Santa sleigh run going ahead with rule of six
- 8 Least used railway station in Britain is in Norfolk
- 9 Town in mourning as nightclub owner who 'loved everybody' dies at 49
- 10 'How much money has been spent?' - Street lamp lit for 12 years still not fixed
"It is grim," said Victoria Bracewell. "Hope they find the source of the smell soon."