‘It is grim’ - Shoppers put off by mystery pong at Tesco store
- Credit: Archant
A mystery pong is putting off shoppers at a village supermarket.
Residents of Belton have complained about a smell at the Tesco Express in the village, with some customers taking to social media on Wednesday (October 9) describing the smell as "foul", "disgusting" and "vile".
A spokesperson for Tesco said: "We're sorry there's a musty smell in our Belton Express store and we have engineers on site working very hard to fix this as quickly as possible."
The odour was perceptible on Thursday afternoon (October 10), stronger in some parts of the store than others.
Julie George said it puts her off buying anything in the store, which sits in a block of shops and takeaways on Bell Lane.
Emma King commented: "I feel sorry for the poor staff. Just been in there and it's worse than normal."
Karen Walsh said the smell took her breath away.
- 1 Landlord finds 20 rabbits abandoned at home after tenants move out
- 2 Driver caught at speeds of nearly 100mph also found to have no licence
- 3 Motorcylist in 50s in hospital with serious injuries after tyre shop crash
- 4 5 of the best places to spot celebrities in and around Yarmouth
- 5 'The best yet' - Yarmouth's celebration of wheels gearing up for return
- 6 First look as Ainsley Harriott and Grace Dent visit Yarmouth for TV show
- 7 Six arrested after Willow the dog finds 'substantial' quantity of drugs
- 8 Father still searching six months after Pawel Martyniak went missing
- 9 From schools to shops: All you need to know about living in Gorleston
- 10 Broads Authority moves to prosecute pub over caravans - again
"It is grim," said Victoria Bracewell. "Hope they find the source of the smell soon."