‘The dog ate my tickets’: panic as pet shreds family’s tickets for Norwich City play-off final at Wembley
- Credit: Archant
When Matt Grimmer received a text from his wife telling him to phone home urgently, he knew something terrible must have happened.
His fears were confirmed when she told him that Freddie, the family's two-year-old cockapoo dog, had eaten his tickets to watch the play off final with two of his sons.
The Bradwell resident tried to piece together the shredded tickets, worth £159, after Wednesday's mishap, but said they were beyond repair.
He said his sons Mitchel, 16, and Myles, eight, at first panicked about whether they would be able to see their heroes play for promotion, but after contacting Norwich City he arranged to pick up reprints at Wembley three hours before kick-off.
He said: 'Lots of people were saying Freddie is an Ipswich fan, that's why.'
You may also want to watch:
However, after checking his pet's history he was able to confirm he was Norfolk born and bred, and added: 'It will be a good omen. It's got to be positive.'
He predicted a 2-1 Norwich win.
- 1 Four arrests and 11 fines for teen's vigil - but friends slam 'rave' label
- 2 Shops and homes bid for former village police station
- 3 Mum's upset after church clears baby daughter's grave
- 4 Woman praises police after tools worth £1k found following break-in
- 5 Yarmouth chosen as pilot for economic recovery scheme
- 6 Golf club forced to move tees after dunes collapse
- 7 Police on scene as mass vigil for teen enters second day
- 8 Covid roadmap: What can you do from today?
- 9 Teenager who died in motorcycle crash named
- 10 Up to £2,000 for hospitality businesses unable to open at Easter