Care scheme’s ‘wonderful’ staff praised by inspectors
- Credit: Archant
Staff at a Norfolk care scheme have been hailed in an inspection report with residents describing them as “wonderful” and exceptionally kind.
The Lawns Housing with care scheme in Great Yarmouth was rated outstanding following a visit by Care Quality Commission (CQC) inspectors earlier this year.
In a report following the inspection in June, staff at the home were described as skilled, motivated and knowledgeable.
Manager, Carole Nisbett, was praised for her passion to deliver great service while residents gave glowing reviews of their carers.
Residents at the home in Caister Road said they were treated with "exceptional kindness, compassion and respect".
The Lawns Housing with care scheme was rated outstanding in three categories of the report and good in two of the categories.
Manager, Carole, said: "The Lawns is a great place where people love to live and love to work.
- 1 Seaside bar taken over for three weeks by Hollywood crew shooting film
- 2 Roadworks will see a Gorleston road closed for three months
- 3 Mayor left waiting as cruise ship can not dock at Yarmouth due to winds
- 4 Investigations continue after body part of man found on Yarmouth beach
- 5 7 delicious places to eat in Great Yarmouth's Regent Road
- 6 Cyclists embark on challenge from Gorleston to London
- 7 The seven cheapest streets in Great Yarmouth
- 8 Great Yarmouth roadworks expected to be finished by the end of the month
- 9 £65,000 of improvements will see Gorleston street closed for six weeks
- 10 'Revolutionary' cancer test trial to begin in Great Yarmouth
"We were delighted to receive an outstanding rating at our last inspection for how we care for people, but to receive an overall outstanding is just wonderful."