Help Hemsby fundraising page to support residents and lifeboat
- Credit: Nick Butcher
A fundraising page has been created to raise money for homeowners in The Marrams and Hemsby Lifeboat.
Severe coastal erosion has prompted the houses to be evacuated and councillor James Bensly has said the homes are uninhabitable.
The JustGiving page is aiming to raise £10,000 to support the work of the lifeboat crew and those who have had to evacuate.
The creator of the page said: “Hemsby lifeboat team have been working around the clock to help and deserve a huge thank you, but their funds are limited.
“Hemsby is a very close community who stand together through thick and thin and by helping raise money you can also help save their homes or help them be rehomed, aswell as helping Hemsby lifeboats.
You may also want to watch:
“Throughout all this disaster they have kept on smiling so please dig deep even if it’s a small amount, because every penny makes a pound and, as the saying goes, every little helps no matter how small.
“We thank you all for your help and support.”
- 1 Dismay at appeal ruling on homes bid for site of former registry office
- 2 Man taken to hospital after cardiac arrest at beach
- 3 Trains cancelled due to flooding - and more heavy rain expected
- 4 Woman whose house was bombed in the war celebrates 100th birthday
- 5 Testing ramped up after 'extreme rise' in Covid cases in coastal areas
- 6 Great Yarmouth bakery forced to close after it was 'condemned dangerous'
- 7 'Do your bit to slow spread' - plea as Covid hospital admissions remain low
- 8 'Lost a couple of staff members a day' - how the 'pingdemic' is hitting Norfolk
- 9 Man suffers injuries after road rage assault near retail park
- 10 Parking ban outside town centre church looks set to be reversed
The proceeds will be given directly to Hemsby Lifeboat.
Earlier today the secretary of Hemsby Lifeboat, Chris Batten, predicted that at least three houses would fall off the cliff by tomorrow morning.
To donate or find out more about the fundraising page, visit www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/help-hemsby