Later with Jools Holland-style event returns after 18 months
- Credit: Gordon Woolcock
A popular music event which saw a surprise appearance from Rag 'n' Bone Man at its last outing is back after 18 months.
The Later with Jools Holland-inspired show The Room will return to Gorleston's Ocean Room on Saturday, September 18.
The event sees musicians performing across multiple stages, with a full-sized grand piano being drafted in to celebrate the comeback.
Although The Room staged trimmed-back versions during the lockdown, it represents the first complete show for 18 months.
In February 2020 it created a stir when Brit Award winner Rag 'n' Bone Man, a regular on the Jools' BBC show, made an unannounced appearance.
You may also want to watch:
The line-up includes Jose McGill and the Vagaband, and Little Red Kings with organisers promising "a few surprises."
Resident band The H Gang will be back on stage with a full seven-piece band. They will be joined by Tosh Ewins, Jose McGill, Yve Mary B, Lauren Dove, Bob Cushing, Richard Barrett, Mark Dunne, pianist and arranger Carole Clayton along with a string quartet.
- 1 New Banksy-style mural adds to town's crop of street art
- 2 Rovers return? New landlords relaunch village pub with parties and Sunday lunches for dogs
- 3 A47 closed due to two-car crash at Acle straight
- 4 Historic pub poised for mini-market use bringing 20 jobs
- 5 Inquest begins into death of decorator who died at home
- 6 Family devastated after death of much-loved and well-known horse
- 7 'A wonderful place': A look back at Gorleston's 'second high street'
- 8 Part of A47 closed due to crash
- 9 Acrobats and falcons wow crowds at the Out There Festival
- 10 Two people injured in A47 crash
Doors open at 7.15pm. Tickets £8 in advance or £10 on the night.
Full details via www.the-room.biz.