Later with Jools Holland-style event returns after 18 months
- Credit: Gordon Woolcock
A popular music event which saw a surprise appearance from Rag 'n' Bone Man at its last outing is back after 18 months.
The Later with Jools Holland-inspired show The Room will return to Gorleston's Ocean Room on Saturday, September 18.
The event sees musicians performing across multiple stages, with a full-sized grand piano being drafted in to celebrate the comeback.
Although The Room staged trimmed-back versions during the lockdown, it represents the first complete show for 18 months.
In February 2020 it created a stir when Brit Award winner Rag 'n' Bone Man, a regular on the Jools' BBC show, made an unannounced appearance.
The line-up includes Jose McGill and the Vagaband, and Little Red Kings with organisers promising "a few surprises."
Resident band The H Gang will be back on stage with a full seven-piece band. They will be joined by Tosh Ewins, Jose McGill, Yve Mary B, Lauren Dove, Bob Cushing, Richard Barrett, Mark Dunne, pianist and arranger Carole Clayton along with a string quartet.
- 1 New York, Paris, Peckham, Great Yarmouth - Only Fools stars coming to town
- 2 New Norfolk café is selling out of its custard tarts and Nutella-filled croissants
- 3 'The best yet' - Yarmouth's celebration of wheels gearing up for return
- 4 New seafront festival promises feast of family fun
- 5 Access road for driveways denied to Gorleston residents
- 6 Village gets together to repair empty home for Ukrainian refugees
- 7 The seven cheapest streets in Great Yarmouth
- 8 Tyson Fury is making a comeback to Gorleston
- 9 Pupils 'not afraid to share ideas' - School praised by Ofsted
- 10 Charity football match to boost Norfolk and Waveney MIND
Doors open at 7.15pm. Tickets £8 in advance or £10 on the night.
Full details via www.the-room.biz.