Great grandmother’s bag containing late husband’s hair is snatched from store
- Credit: Archant
A great grandmother had her purse, which contained a lock of her dead husband’s hair, stolen from a Tesco store.
The 74-year-old’s purse was taken between 1.30pm and 1.45pm on Tuesday, June 5 at the Tesco Express on Yarmouth Road in Caister.
As well as containing a lock of her husband’s hair the purse also contained £110 in cash.
The victim’s bank cards were then used at a cashpoint to withdraw £400.
The couple had been married for 46 years until his death four years ago at the age of 69.
Investigating officer, PC Elle Cantillon said: “This theft has had a massive impact on the victim as the purse not only contained cash; there was also a lock of hair from her late husband.
“I am keen to see the victim reunited with her purse and would urge anyone who may have any information about the theft, or the whereabouts of the purse, to contact police.”
- 1 Motorcylist in 50s in hospital with serious injuries after tyre shop crash
- 2 5 of the best places to spot celebrities in and around Yarmouth
- 3 Landlord finds 20 rabbits abandoned at home after tenants move out
- 4 Driver caught at speeds of nearly 100mph also found to have no licence
- 5 First look as Ainsley Harriott and Grace Dent visit Yarmouth for TV show
- 6 'The best yet' - Yarmouth's celebration of wheels gearing up for return
- 7 Father still searching six months after Pawel Martyniak went missing
- 8 Broads Authority moves to prosecute pub over caravans - again
- 9 Six arrested after Willow the dog finds 'substantial' quantity of drugs
- 10 The care home bringing people together in its own pub
Great Yarmouth police have released CCTV images of a woman they would like to speak to in connection with the incident.
Anyone who may recognise her or have further information should contact PC Cantillon at Great Yarmouth Police Station on 101.
Alternatively contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.