Things to do at Great Yarmouth library to promote wellbeing (other than reading)
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press © 2011
Amid growing concern about the state of mental health Great Yarmouth Library is hosting a wellbeing day on Monday.
From 11am to 2pm people can try a range of activities and be put in touch with other groups in a bid to limit stress and anxiety.
Things to try and learn more about include acupuncture, guided mindfulness, and healthy eating.
There will also be an opportunity to get to know Cocomo, a healthy living club, and self defence techniques, as well as make your own pedal power smoothie.
Meanwhile a colouring group called Keep Calm and Colour is proving popular on Tuesdays 10.30 to 12 noon.
The activity, probably not tried since childhood, is said to have a calming effect.
And the volunteer gardening group that also runs on Tuesdays 10am to 12 noon is looking for more green fingers to help tend the community garden.
- 1 'Well-respected' tattoo artist died at home after taking cocaine
- 2 Sammy, 6, finds 'once-in-a-lifetime' rare fossil on beach
- 3 Six ways Yarmouth wants to solve its housing crisis and 'compete with Norwich'
- 4 Man died on 50th birthday at Norfolk coastal campsite
- 5 Bid to extend life of quarry in Broads' village to 85 years
- 6 Gorleston murder accused not yet fit to enter plea
- 7 Car flips on to roof in three-vehicle crash in Yarmouth
- 8 Port boss disappointed over cruise ship non-docking
- 9 Free open top bus tours to show off Great Yarmouth's seafront
- 10 Birthday card plea for 'amazing' Rita who is turning 108
Other regular activites that come under the mindfulness umbrella include:
Zumba - every Wednesday 6pm–7pm
Keep Fit - every Wednesday 2.30pm-5.15pm
Little Ninja Sessions - learn the art and tradition of the Ninja and self defence with Sensei Nando, every Monday at 4.30pm and Fridays at 6pm.
To find out more about any of these activities call 01493 844551 or email firstname.lastname@example.org