Things to do at Great Yarmouth library to promote wellbeing (other than reading)
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press © 2011
Amid growing concern about the state of mental health Great Yarmouth Library is hosting a wellbeing day on Monday.
From 11am to 2pm people can try a range of activities and be put in touch with other groups in a bid to limit stress and anxiety.
Things to try and learn more about include acupuncture, guided mindfulness, and healthy eating.
There will also be an opportunity to get to know Cocomo, a healthy living club, and self defence techniques, as well as make your own pedal power smoothie.
Meanwhile a colouring group called Keep Calm and Colour is proving popular on Tuesdays 10.30 to 12 noon.
You may also want to watch:
The activity, probably not tried since childhood, is said to have a calming effect.
And the volunteer gardening group that also runs on Tuesdays 10am to 12 noon is looking for more green fingers to help tend the community garden.
- 1 Fresh bid to knock down village pub for homes and shops
- 2 Beach and dunes depleted by 'massive forces' as high tides hit
- 3 Taxi driver stole more than £17,000 from his employer
- 4 Construction of £26m Marina Centre to begin in coming weeks
- 5 'Gutted' - Thieves take BMW wheels leaving car on bricks
- 6 Town in mourning as nightclub owner who 'loved everybody' dies at 49
- 7 'The most difficult one yet' - Knitting queen displays her latest creation
- 8 'I was genuinely worried' - Theatre director on reopening in Tier 2
- 9 Search for woman, 64, missing from residential home
- 10 Woman missing from residential home found 'safe and well' after search
Other regular activites that come under the mindfulness umbrella include:
Zumba - every Wednesday 6pm–7pm
Keep Fit - every Wednesday 2.30pm-5.15pm
Little Ninja Sessions - learn the art and tradition of the Ninja and self defence with Sensei Nando, every Monday at 4.30pm and Fridays at 6pm.
To find out more about any of these activities call 01493 844551 or email firstname.lastname@example.org