Three flee Hemsby house fire
A mother and her two young children had a lucky escape after their Hemsby home was gutted by fire yesterday afternoon.The woman and youngsters managed to flee safely from their single storey home after a candle started a fire in a bedroom.
A mother and her two young children had a lucky escape after their Hemsby home was gutted by fire yesterday afternoon.
The woman and youngsters managed to flee safely from their single storey home after a candle started a fire in a bedroom.
Although the woman and children, who are of primary school age, were uninjured, the interior of their home was destroyed and they had to be looked after by the fire emergency support unit manned by Red Cross volunteers.
More than 20 firefighters tackled the blaze in Fakes Road after the fire broke out at about 1pm.
You may also want to watch:
Fire crews from Martham and Great Yarmouth originally attended the incident but they had to call in crews from Gorleston to help provide water to dowse the inferno. It took 30 minutes for the fire to be put out.
Mark Johnson, watch manager at Martham, said the fire was started by a candle and it was “lucky” for the family that the blaze had not started during the night as the outcome may have been fatal.
- 1 Thrilling Fire on the Water show to light up Yarmouth
- 2 One person left with serious injuries after Yarmouth crash
- 3 Police appeal after motorcyclist sustains serious injuries in crash
- 4 Burglars make off with bird equipment after Great Yarmouth break in
- 5 Spectacular show to light up Great Yarmouth's Venetian Waterways
- 6 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 7 Hope steps seen in Danny Boyle's Yesterday will get much-needed repairs
- 8 Meet the Yarmouth firm on tonight's Grand Designs
- 9 Dog prices stay high after lockdown boom, buyers say
- 10 Woman suffers fatal heart attack in ambulance outside Paget