Three in court after Yarmouth handbag robbery
TWO women and a man appeared in court after a woman’s handbag was stolen on a night out in Great Yarmouth.
The alleged robbery happened in the early hours of December 17, 2011 and attempts to sell on the stolen goods were made the same day, Great Yarmouth magistrates heard yesterday.
Leandra Clayton, of St Nicholas Road, is charged with robbing a woman of her handbag.
The 20 year old also faces two separate assault charges on the same day as the robbery.
Chantelle Cast, 21, of Anson Road, is charged with the same robbery as Clayton.
You may also want to watch:
The value of the contents of the handbag is not known.
A third person, David Rainey, is charged with assisting to dispose of the stolen goods.
- 1 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 2 Drivers face non-essential travel fines after spate of snow crashes
- 3 'One of a kind' home with golf simulator and gym is for sale for £795,000
- 4 Drug-dealers caught in undercover police sting
- 5 'Too many holiday homes' - Residents object to conversion bid
- 6 Norfolk wakes up to snow with more expected to fall
- 7 Are you in our Norfolk school photos from the 1970s?
- 8 Photo gallery: Snow turns region into winter wonderland
- 9 £250,000 of cannabis found in two cars on A11
- 10 Covid case rates continue to fall across Norfolk and Waveney
The 23 year old, of Motum Road, Norwich, is accused of trying to sell a red Fuji mobile phone and a white Blackberry mobile phone belonging to the woman whose handbag had been stolen.
It is alleged he did this dishonestly for the benefit of himself and Cast.
No pleas were entered at the hearing on Friday, February 17.
The three accused have been released on conditional bail, and have been barred from contacting any of the witnesses in the case.
Their next appearance is at Norwich Crown Court on Friday, March 2 at 9.30am.