Three in court after Yarmouth handbag robbery
TWO women and a man appeared in court after a woman’s handbag was stolen on a night out in Great Yarmouth.
The alleged robbery happened in the early hours of December 17, 2011 and attempts to sell on the stolen goods were made the same day, Great Yarmouth magistrates heard yesterday.
Leandra Clayton, of St Nicholas Road, is charged with robbing a woman of her handbag.
The 20 year old also faces two separate assault charges on the same day as the robbery.
Chantelle Cast, 21, of Anson Road, is charged with the same robbery as Clayton.
The value of the contents of the handbag is not known.
A third person, David Rainey, is charged with assisting to dispose of the stolen goods.
- 1 7 famous faces with Great Yarmouth links
- 2 Town road works extended due to depression in road surface
- 3 'There will be a huge impact' - Councillor's fears ahead of 665 homes vote
- 4 Man killed 96-year-old bystander in road rage crash
- 5 Care home says changes have been made after damning inspection report
- 6 Everything you need to know ahead of Great Yarmouth Wheels Festival
- 7 Where you can watch fireworks in Great Yarmouth this summer
- 8 Great Yarmouth resident calls for larger bins in borough beauty spot
- 9 Hotel with 'excellent reputation' up for sale as owner retires
- 10 Marine company feeling buoyant after securing pilot launch contract
The 23 year old, of Motum Road, Norwich, is accused of trying to sell a red Fuji mobile phone and a white Blackberry mobile phone belonging to the woman whose handbag had been stolen.
It is alleged he did this dishonestly for the benefit of himself and Cast.
No pleas were entered at the hearing on Friday, February 17.
The three accused have been released on conditional bail, and have been barred from contacting any of the witnesses in the case.
Their next appearance is at Norwich Crown Court on Friday, March 2 at 9.30am.