Three in court after Yarmouth handbag robbery
TWO women and a man appeared in court after a woman’s handbag was stolen on a night out in Great Yarmouth.
The alleged robbery happened in the early hours of December 17, 2011 and attempts to sell on the stolen goods were made the same day, Great Yarmouth magistrates heard yesterday.
Leandra Clayton, of St Nicholas Road, is charged with robbing a woman of her handbag.
The 20 year old also faces two separate assault charges on the same day as the robbery.
Chantelle Cast, 21, of Anson Road, is charged with the same robbery as Clayton.
You may also want to watch:
The value of the contents of the handbag is not known.
A third person, David Rainey, is charged with assisting to dispose of the stolen goods.
- 1 Bird's eye view of new £26m seaside leisure centre taking shape
- 2 Arrests after home raid reveals 'large quantity' of cannabis and cash
- 3 Teenager who died in motorcycle crash named
- 4 House of multiple occupancy in 'desirable area' set for auction
- 5 Visitors from Leicestershire among 160 fined for Covid breaches
- 6 Plan for 12 new homes in Broads village
- 7 Purple, green and blue hairdo gets Chloe to final
- 8 SUV chases and rams into car in coastal village
- 9 Towns oppose suggestion of more on-street parking charges
- 10 9 big movies filmed in Norfolk - and why there could be more
The 23 year old, of Motum Road, Norwich, is accused of trying to sell a red Fuji mobile phone and a white Blackberry mobile phone belonging to the woman whose handbag had been stolen.
It is alleged he did this dishonestly for the benefit of himself and Cast.
No pleas were entered at the hearing on Friday, February 17.
The three accused have been released on conditional bail, and have been barred from contacting any of the witnesses in the case.
Their next appearance is at Norwich Crown Court on Friday, March 2 at 9.30am.