Three teenagers remain in custody after man stabbed multiple times
- Credit: Archant
Three teenagers remain in custody after a man was stabbed in a “targeted attack” in Great Yarmouth.
Police were called to Ordnance Road shortly after 10pm on Tuesday night.
Paramedics treated a man in his 30s at the scene who had sustained serious stab wounds.
The victim was taken to the James Paget University Hospital for treatment where his condition is described as critical but stable.
Officers, including armed units, attended the scene and enquiries led to three teenagers being arrested in connection with the incident at the train station a short time later, at around 10.40pm.
Two boys, aged 15 and 17, and a 16-year-old girl were taken into police custody where they remain for questioning.
Russ Wilkinson, detective chief inspector, said: “We are in the early stages of the investigation however enquiries carried out to date suggest this was a targeted attack.
- 1 Landlord finds 20 rabbits abandoned at home after tenants move out
- 2 Motorcylist in 50s in hospital with serious injuries after tyre shop crash
- 3 Driver caught at speeds of nearly 100mph also found to have no licence
- 4 5 of the best places to spot celebrities in and around Yarmouth
- 5 First look as Ainsley Harriott and Grace Dent visit Yarmouth for TV show
- 6 'The best yet' - Yarmouth's celebration of wheels gearing up for return
- 7 Six arrested after Willow the dog finds 'substantial' quantity of drugs
- 8 Father still searching six months after Pawel Martyniak went missing
- 9 Broads Authority moves to prosecute pub over caravans - again
- 10 From schools to shops: All you need to know about living in Gorleston
“There has been an increased police presence in the area today and our investigation continues.”
Anyone with information concerning the incident should contact Great Yarmouth CID on 101 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.