Top TV angler's date in Yarmouth
RENOWNED angler John Wilson will be meeting fans and signing his autobiography in Great Yarmouth this month.John's long-awaited and updated new edition of his memoirs, packed full of fishing anecdotes and stories of his travels around the world, “Sixty Years A Fisherman” is beautifully illustrated with his own photography.
RENOWNED angler John Wilson will be meeting fans and signing his autobiography in Great Yarmouth this month.
John's long-awaited and updated new edition of his memoirs, packed full of fishing anecdotes and stories of his travels around the world, “Sixty Years A Fisherman” is beautifully illustrated with his own photography.
And fans will be able to see him face to face on Saturday, January 31 at 11am at Books Inside in the Market Gates Shopping Centre.
In his book, John reveals the real life story behind the camera lens of a man who was once a cruise ship hairstylist and who later became one of the most recognised TV personalities to have come into the world of angling.
You may also want to watch:
Littered throughout this book of his life you come to realise that fishing has always been a major part of his life, and as John says “wherever I am beside water, be it a village brook or out upon deep blue tropical saltwater miles offshore, that same sense of mystery prevails. I always want to know what lives down there, what it looks like, how big it grows, what it feeds upon, how it fights and how it reproduces. To me fishing provides the consummate challenge.”
The final chapter contains a complete list of all the largest specimens of every species of coarse, sea and game fish he has have ever caught both at home and abroad.
- 1 Appeal to find missing man from London last seen at Norfolk campsite
- 2 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 3 7 big projects in Great Yarmouth and when they are happening
- 4 Shop to reopen after fire which caused 'significant' damage
- 5 Family ‘desperately worried’ for grandmother missing for five days
- 6 Police searching for Patricia Holland believe her to be dead
- 7 Man re-arrested over murder of missing 83-year-old Pat Holland
- 8 'Something really fresh for Great Yarmouth' - Empire ready to re-open
- 9 Every Norfolk primary school rated as 'Outstanding'
- 10 Fresh weather warning with Storm Evert set to hit Norfolk
Sixty Years A FISHERMAN
The Autobiography of John Wilson
RRP: �18.99, ISBN: 978 1 90582 8395