Top TV angler's date in Yarmouth
RENOWNED angler John Wilson will be meeting fans and signing his autobiography in Great Yarmouth this month.John's long-awaited and updated new edition of his memoirs, packed full of fishing anecdotes and stories of his travels around the world, “Sixty Years A Fisherman” is beautifully illustrated with his own photography.
RENOWNED angler John Wilson will be meeting fans and signing his autobiography in Great Yarmouth this month.
John's long-awaited and updated new edition of his memoirs, packed full of fishing anecdotes and stories of his travels around the world, “Sixty Years A Fisherman” is beautifully illustrated with his own photography.
And fans will be able to see him face to face on Saturday, January 31 at 11am at Books Inside in the Market Gates Shopping Centre.
In his book, John reveals the real life story behind the camera lens of a man who was once a cruise ship hairstylist and who later became one of the most recognised TV personalities to have come into the world of angling.
You may also want to watch:
Littered throughout this book of his life you come to realise that fishing has always been a major part of his life, and as John says “wherever I am beside water, be it a village brook or out upon deep blue tropical saltwater miles offshore, that same sense of mystery prevails. I always want to know what lives down there, what it looks like, how big it grows, what it feeds upon, how it fights and how it reproduces. To me fishing provides the consummate challenge.”
The final chapter contains a complete list of all the largest specimens of every species of coarse, sea and game fish he has have ever caught both at home and abroad.
- 1 Four national high street names to move into former M&S store
- 2 Is your surname on this list? You could inherit a fortune
- 3 Killer shrimp 'no-fishing' barriers torn down by vandals in the Broads
- 4 The areas of Norfolk where Covid cases are now falling
- 5 'One of a kind' home with golf simulator and gym is for sale for £795,000
- 6 Are you in our Norfolk school photos from the 1970s?
- 7 Retired teacher took his own life ahead of abuse court case, inquest hears
- 8 Norfolk to get rapid Covid test sites - to find people without symptoms
- 9 Mass coronavirus vaccination centre opens in Norwich today
- 10 Vaccines roll-out to move on to over 70s
Sixty Years A FISHERMAN
The Autobiography of John Wilson
RRP: �18.99, ISBN: 978 1 90582 8395