Top TV angler's date in Yarmouth
RENOWNED angler John Wilson will be meeting fans and signing his autobiography in Great Yarmouth this month.John's long-awaited and updated new edition of his memoirs, packed full of fishing anecdotes and stories of his travels around the world, “Sixty Years A Fisherman” is beautifully illustrated with his own photography.
RENOWNED angler John Wilson will be meeting fans and signing his autobiography in Great Yarmouth this month.
John's long-awaited and updated new edition of his memoirs, packed full of fishing anecdotes and stories of his travels around the world, “Sixty Years A Fisherman” is beautifully illustrated with his own photography.
And fans will be able to see him face to face on Saturday, January 31 at 11am at Books Inside in the Market Gates Shopping Centre.
In his book, John reveals the real life story behind the camera lens of a man who was once a cruise ship hairstylist and who later became one of the most recognised TV personalities to have come into the world of angling.
You may also want to watch:
Littered throughout this book of his life you come to realise that fishing has always been a major part of his life, and as John says “wherever I am beside water, be it a village brook or out upon deep blue tropical saltwater miles offshore, that same sense of mystery prevails. I always want to know what lives down there, what it looks like, how big it grows, what it feeds upon, how it fights and how it reproduces. To me fishing provides the consummate challenge.”
The final chapter contains a complete list of all the largest specimens of every species of coarse, sea and game fish he has have ever caught both at home and abroad.
- 1 Atlantis Tower up for sale after owner signs ‘outrageous’ loan deal
- 2 Projects to restore axed rail routes get £794m boost
- 3 Ghostly photos show deserted Yarmouth in lockdown
- 4 Firearms collector, 72, jailed for having illegal shotgun and pistol
- 5 Police close probe into 'terrifying' Armani armed robbery
- 6 Out on the beat - we join police Covid patrol on the seafront
- 7 Minke whale washes up on beach
- 8 Discount hobby shop The Works 'could run out of money'
- 9 Norfolk woman fined after travelling 200 miles to visit daughter
- 10 Council pay out six claims to drivers after car park ramp damaged vehicles
Sixty Years A FISHERMAN
The Autobiography of John Wilson
RRP: �18.99, ISBN: 978 1 90582 8395