Tory call for green energy boost
A CALL has been made for renewable energy generation to be boosted in Great Yarmouth by the town's Conservative prospective parliamentary candidate.Brandon Lewis met this week with representatives from wind turbine manufacturer Vestas to discuss the issue.
A CALL has been made for renewable energy generation to be boosted in Great Yarmouth by the town's Conservative prospective parliamentary candidate.
Brandon Lewis met this week with representatives from wind turbine manufacturer Vestas to discuss the issue.
The company recently shut its blade factory on the Isle of Wight due to the low demand in the UK for wind turbines.
Mr Lewis said: “This is a renewable energy source that is woefully under utilised in our country and yet we have the best wind in Europe.
You may also want to watch:
“We must ensure any developments are sympathetic to the environment, in planning and human terms but in Great Yarmouth we are already leading the way.”
Residents in Yarmouth who wish to give their views on wind farms can contact Mr Lewis online at www.brandonlewis.org or call his office on 01493 650505.
- 1 New twist in Star Hotel saga as it changes hands for just £1,000
- 2 Driver who died in A47 crash had medical episode
- 3 New Banksy-style mural adds to town's crop of street art
- 4 National newspaper names Great Yarmouth as a top autumn destination
- 5 Christmas markets 'spread out across the borough'
- 6 See inside new homes taking shape at former Pontins holiday park
- 7 'Very high risk' paedophile who groomed 12-year-old has sentence doubled
- 8 Mother's shock at son's inquest over lack of mental health improvements
- 9 Bid for shop in end-of-terrace house refused
- 10 65,000 attend Out There Festival