Tory call for green energy boost
A CALL has been made for renewable energy generation to be boosted in Great Yarmouth by the town's Conservative prospective parliamentary candidate.Brandon Lewis met this week with representatives from wind turbine manufacturer Vestas to discuss the issue.
A CALL has been made for renewable energy generation to be boosted in Great Yarmouth by the town's Conservative prospective parliamentary candidate.
Brandon Lewis met this week with representatives from wind turbine manufacturer Vestas to discuss the issue.
The company recently shut its blade factory on the Isle of Wight due to the low demand in the UK for wind turbines.
Mr Lewis said: “This is a renewable energy source that is woefully under utilised in our country and yet we have the best wind in Europe.
You may also want to watch:
“We must ensure any developments are sympathetic to the environment, in planning and human terms but in Great Yarmouth we are already leading the way.”
Residents in Yarmouth who wish to give their views on wind farms can contact Mr Lewis online at www.brandonlewis.org or call his office on 01493 650505.
- 1 Norfolk seaside village third most sought-after in UK
- 2 Legal challenge over riverside footpath is finally resolved
- 3 Woman threatened with 10in bread knife and two meat cleavers, court told
- 4 Village rounds on council over 'disgraceful' road resurfacing that covered cycle lanes and blocked drains
- 5 Drone captures unique view of Norfolk landmark
- 6 How can Hemsby best be protected from surging seas?
- 7 Bid for four-storey waterside flats on warehouse site
- 8 New dessert restaurant opens in Great Yarmouth
- 9 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 10 Free wi-fi launched in Great Yarmouth’s Market Place