Touring cinema to arrive in Reedham
A Broadland village will be celebrating a little Christmas miracle of its own later in the month when a touring cinema clicks into action.Reedham will be the 30th Norfolk community to take part in the Village Screen scheme when Miracle of 34th Street is shown on Sunday, December 19.
A Broadland village will be celebrating a little Christmas miracle of its own later in the month when a touring cinema clicks into action.
Reedham will be the 30th Norfolk community to take part in the Village Screen scheme when Miracle of 34th Street is shown on Sunday, December 19.
The film is a remake of the 1947 seasonal classic tear jerker and stars Sir Richard Attenborough as a department store Santa Claus who is put on trial for claiming he is Father Christmas.
Its showing in Reedham village hall is the latest stage of arts development charity Creative Arts East's community cinema scheme, which was set up in 2005 to bring the magic of the big screen to rural or isolated communities.
You may also want to watch:
The successful Village Screen scheme involves volunteer projectionists who are trained to use high quality cinema equipment to show recent blockbusters and all time favourites.
Village Screen is supported by the UK Lottery Film Council, Screen East, Norfolk County Council and district councils and recent investment means more villages apart from Reedham will benefit from two new sets of cinema equipment.
- 1 Fire on the water bursts into life on Yarmouth seafront
- 2 Man caught drying cannabis he had stolen from father-in-law
- 3 Picture special: Fire on the Water thrills crowds
- 4 Abandoned Grade II listed building to be restored
- 5 Norfolk scams: DVLA texts and family WhatsApp messages
- 6 Great Yarmouth church to receive £300k grant
- 7 Petrol attack shopkeeper opens spice shop and restaurant in former pub
- 8 Where to watch fireworks for Bonfire Night in the borough
- 9 Land wanted by village sold to mystery buyer for £50,000 more
- 10 Sisters-in-law glowing after opening high street tanning salon
Miracle on 34th Street, certificate U, will be shown in Reedham village hall, Pottles Lane, from 7pm on Saturday, December 19. Tickets cost �3 for adults and �2 for children or concessions and can be booked by calling 01493 701107 or e-mailing email@example.com
For more information on the Village Screen scheme visit www.creativeartseast.co.uk or call 01953 713390