Touring cinema to arrive in Reedham
A Broadland village will be celebrating a little Christmas miracle of its own later in the month when a touring cinema clicks into action.Reedham will be the 30th Norfolk community to take part in the Village Screen scheme when Miracle of 34th Street is shown on Sunday, December 19.
A Broadland village will be celebrating a little Christmas miracle of its own later in the month when a touring cinema clicks into action.
Reedham will be the 30th Norfolk community to take part in the Village Screen scheme when Miracle of 34th Street is shown on Sunday, December 19.
The film is a remake of the 1947 seasonal classic tear jerker and stars Sir Richard Attenborough as a department store Santa Claus who is put on trial for claiming he is Father Christmas.
Its showing in Reedham village hall is the latest stage of arts development charity Creative Arts East's community cinema scheme, which was set up in 2005 to bring the magic of the big screen to rural or isolated communities.
You may also want to watch:
The successful Village Screen scheme involves volunteer projectionists who are trained to use high quality cinema equipment to show recent blockbusters and all time favourites.
Village Screen is supported by the UK Lottery Film Council, Screen East, Norfolk County Council and district councils and recent investment means more villages apart from Reedham will benefit from two new sets of cinema equipment.
- 1 Drone photo shows £26m seafront leisure centre taking shape
- 2 Norfolk and Suffolk Election 2021: Low turnout in Great Yarmouth
- 3 'Water runs down the walls' - Woman, 65, hits out at mouldy council flat
- 4 Covid jab centre receives additional vaccination stocks
- 5 What's opening in Great Yarmouth from May 17?
- 6 Buy a B&B as nine for sale in 'boom year' for budget hotels
- 7 Man jailed after abducting 14-year-old girl
- 8 Historical clock restored after sitting in cellar for 60 years
- 9 Tributes to high street mechanic known as a 'local legend'
- 10 'It was so lovely' - Father and daughter finally reunited after year apart
Miracle on 34th Street, certificate U, will be shown in Reedham village hall, Pottles Lane, from 7pm on Saturday, December 19. Tickets cost �3 for adults and �2 for children or concessions and can be booked by calling 01493 701107 or e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information on the Village Screen scheme visit www.creativeartseast.co.uk or call 01953 713390