Town Hall to fly flag
THE Union flag will be raised outside Great Yarmouth Town Hall on Monday morning to launch Armed Forces Day.The event starts at 10.15am with the flag being raised to coincide with the rest of the country at 10.
THE Union flag will be raised outside Great Yarmouth Town Hall on Monday morning to launch Armed Forces Day.
The event starts at 10.15am with the flag being raised to coincide with the rest of the country at 10.30am, with the Reverend Chris Terry leading a short ceremony
Members of the Royal British Legion and Standard Bearers will be present and the mark of respect is open to anyone to go along to - refreshments will be served in the Assembly Room following the ceremony.
On Sunday, June 27, a procession will leave the Town Hall at 10.45am for a service to be held at St Nicholas' Church for Armed Forces Day. The procession will be led by T S Warrior band.
Any cadets wanting to be part of the service are welcome to go along.
Armed Forces Day is on Saturday, June 26 and is an annual opportunity for the nation to “Show Your Support” for the men and women who make up the Armed Forces community: from currently serving troops to service families and from veterans to cadets.
- 1 Landlord finds 20 rabbits abandoned at home after tenants move out
- 2 Driver caught at speeds of nearly 100mph also found to have no licence
- 3 'The best yet' - Yarmouth's celebration of wheels gearing up for return
- 4 Six arrested after Willow the dog finds 'substantial' quantity of drugs
- 5 From schools to shops: All you need to know about living in Gorleston
- 6 Father still searching six months after Pawel Martyniak went missing
- 7 5 of the best places to spot celebrities in and around Yarmouth
- 8 Winterton beach poses as Sydney's Bondi in new movie
- 9 Mixed feelings for traders as they move into Great Yarmouth's new market
- 10 8 places where you can see fireworks for free in Norfolk for the jubilee
Across the country people are getting involved: communities are holding local events and businesses are showing their support.