Traffic problems as bridge lights stuck on red
- Credit: Highways England
Drivers are reporting problems today after a bridge's traffic lights on a major road have become stuck on red.
The traffic lights on the bascule bridge, on the A47 at Lowestoft, are stuck on red and there are traffic problems on both sides of the road.
The A47 is a major route between Lowestoft, Great Yarmouth and Norwich and also joins the A12 for Ipswich.
The first problems were reported at 6.45am.
The AA has posted the following on the traffic news site: "Slow traffic due to traffic signal failure on A47 Waveney Road at A12. Traffic lights are stuck on red. Approach with care."
You may also want to watch:
As well as heavy traffic in the area, local bus services have been impacted.
- 1 Drivers delivering for Amazon have hundreds of pounds of pay withheld
- 2 'Rain or shine, people can dine' - Seaside hotel to open al fresco style
- 3 Optimism in Norfolk resort despite gloomy report on Covid recovery
- 4 Funeral arrangements for Prince Philip confirmed
- 5 'Completely new arcade' - Nine businesses to open in historic mall
- 6 New pottery workshop opens on Facebook Live
- 7 Peter Crouch drove to Yarmouth while on Norwich loan - and wasn't impressed
- 8 Graffiti vandals hit village sites with 'TOXIC GYB 2021' slogan
- 9 'People have to remain vigilant' - reed cutter's boat engine stolen
- 10 How visiting restrictions are easing at Norfolk's hospitals