A47 accident blocks road at roadworks hotspot
- Credit: Matthew Usher
A stretch of the A47 where roadworks have been taking place has been partially blocked at rush hour due to an accident.
The AA has said traffic is moving "very slowly" after an accident at the Loddon Road junction in Trowse Newton.
This is currently causing delays of at least nine minutes on the Norwich Southern Bypass on the A47 eastbound with average speeds of 15mph.
The AA has said the delays are likely to increase after the accident was first reported around 7am.
It comes after key services have spoken about the detrimental impact of A47 roadworks with significant delays being caused.
Lane closures from ongoing works had been adding travel times in both directions between Thickthorn and Trowse with bus companies, blue lights services and haulage among those affected.
You may also want to watch:
More to follow.
- 1 New Banksy-style mural adds to town's crop of street art
- 2 Rovers return? New landlords relaunch village pub with parties and Sunday lunches for dogs
- 3 A47 closed due to two-car crash at Acle straight
- 4 Historic pub poised for mini-market use bringing 20 jobs
- 5 Inquest begins into death of decorator who died at home
- 6 Family devastated after death of much-loved and well-known horse
- 7 Acrobats and falcons wow crowds at the Out There Festival
- 8 'A wonderful place': A look back at Gorleston's 'second high street'
- 9 Part of A47 closed due to crash
- 10 Do you recognise this man?