A47 closed as emergency services respond to crash
- Credit: Google Maps
A crash has closed the A47 Acle Straight this afternoon, with police warning drivers to avoid the area.
Emergency services, including the East of England Ambulance Service, were called to the crash, which happened, between the A1064 Acle roundabout and Branch Road.
Norfolk Police took to Twitter shortly before 3pm to say: "Police are on scene at RTC on the A47 Acle Straight.
"The road is closed whilst units from Norfolk and Suffolk Roads and Armed Policing Team and Broadland Police work alongside Norfolk Fire and Rescue Service and East of England Ambulance Service.
"Diversions in place. Please avoid the area."
As a result, the A1064 towards Billockby is reporting heavy traffic.
- 1 Long-awaited plans for A47 roundabout revamps revealed
- 2 'The right thing to do' - Great Yarmouth people respond to new restrictions
- 3 'They make people smile': Mural painted on to town's purple parrot house
- 4 Suspect identified in seafront hate attack
- 5 Sentencing adjourned for man who travelled 272 miles to meet girl
- 6 'Adored' teaching assistant retiring after more than three decades
- 7 Market place parking 'amnesty' to tackle school run chaos
- 8 Christmas magic comes to Gorleston
- 9 Bid for superbike warehouse bringing up to 30 new jobs
- 10 Five Christmassy stalls at this year's Fayre