A47 reopens after crash on Acle Straight
- Credit: Denise Bradley
The Acle Straight has reopened after a crash blocked part of the road earlier this evening.
Drivers were diverted around Halvergate after the collision between A1064 Acle roundabout and Branch Road junction for Halvergate.
Just before 5.30pm on Thursday, April 22, Norfolk Police tweeted: "RTC A47 Acle Straight - Great Yarmouth bound carriageway is closed - diverting through Halvergate - please avoid the area."
At around 8pm the police tweeted the road had reopened.
One fire crew from Great Yarmouth was called to support the police just after 5pm.
A report on the Norfolk Fire and Rescue Service log said the team had made the area safe after an road traffic collision on the Acle Straight and used granules to absorb fuel which had leaked onto the road.
The crew left the scene at 5.45pm.
- 1 Princess Anne pays flying visit to historic Broads' boatyard
- 2 Driver in hospital after BMW car ends up in ditch
- 3 New Sports Direct in town's former M&S set for summer opening
- 4 Great Yarmouth man banned from high street at night
- 5 Norfolk ban for three men who stole cash from Yarmouth fruit machines
- 6 The challenges of May 17 re-opening - including keeping people sat down
- 7 New dessert restaurant opens in Great Yarmouth
- 8 Woman shares horror after pet cat Dave is mutilated by elastic band
- 9 "I love it here" - No surprise at village's Rightmove popularity
- 10 "We're looking to move soon" - Neighbours' anger over derelict building fires
It is not known if anyone was injured in the crash.
For traffic updates visit the EDP live traffic map.