A47 reopens after crash on Acle Straight
- Credit: Denise Bradley
The Acle Straight has reopened after a crash blocked part of the road earlier this evening.
Drivers were diverted around Halvergate after the collision between A1064 Acle roundabout and Branch Road junction for Halvergate.
Just before 5.30pm on Thursday, April 22, Norfolk Police tweeted: "RTC A47 Acle Straight - Great Yarmouth bound carriageway is closed - diverting through Halvergate - please avoid the area."
At around 8pm the police tweeted the road had reopened.
One fire crew from Great Yarmouth was called to support the police just after 5pm.
A report on the Norfolk Fire and Rescue Service log said the team had made the area safe after an road traffic collision on the Acle Straight and used granules to absorb fuel which had leaked onto the road.
The crew left the scene at 5.45pm.
- 1 Man who raped teen jailed for six years
- 2 Four men arrested following altercation by Great Yarmouth pub
- 3 Yarmouth's wizard hotel to appear on Four in a Bed
- 4 Police called to 'altercation' between pupils at Norfolk school
- 5 Tyson Fury is making a comeback to Gorleston
- 6 'It's just not viable anymore' - Pub near Great Yarmouth closes
- 7 Date set for road reopening after sewer collapse
- 8 Man to be sentenced next month over Norfolk pub attack
- 9 CCTV released of Great Yarmouth man whose body part was found on beach
- 10 Hospital opens £1.2m eye operation theatre to cut waiting times
It is not known if anyone was injured in the crash.
For traffic updates visit the EDP live traffic map.