Busy road to shut for weekend for resurfacing works
- Credit: Archant
A busy coastal road will be closed for two days for resurfacing work.
Middleton Road in Gorleston will be closed from the A47 Lowestoft Road roundabout towards Pound Lane from Saturday, November 28 for the entire weekend.
The council says it has avoided weekdays to “minimise disruption”.
Norfolk County Council said: “To carry out the work safely we will have to close Middleton Road to all through traffic at this location.
“Vehicle access to businesses and homes within the road closure will be maintained from the Pound Lane direction and there will be no vehicle access from the roundabout.
You may also want to watch:
“The county council would like to thank people for their patience while these works to replace the existing damaged road surface are carried out.”
A fully signed diversion route will be in place.
- 1 Village care home confirms coronavirus outbreak
- 2 Shock as cannabis factory found in quiet Broads' village
- 3 New wave of beach huts snapped up in Gorleston
- 4 Tributes to 'Winkle' - the legendary landlord who broke the mould
- 5 Rogue builder's victims say home is 'finally watertight' one year on
- 6 Mansion for sale for £2.5million with helicopter pad
- 7 Head teacher: 'It's not true that nobody from Great Yarmouth goes to uni'
- 8 Police concerned for welfare of missing 14-year-old girl
- 9 Mystery mural found in back street sparks hunt for artist
- 10 Community garden to close permanently due to Covid funding crisis
The work will cost £30,000.