Driver dies in crash on A47
- Credit: DENISE BRADLEY/Archant2021
Police have confirmed that one person has died after a crash on the A47 this morning, September 15, near Blofield.
Emergency services were called to the scene at 7.05am after a driver crashed into the barrier.
Police, fire, paramedics, and the air ambulance crews were on the scene.
The driver was pronounced dead at the scene.
The crash happened on the eastbound carriageway between the Brundall roundabout and the Blofield slip road.
The A47 is now open but the slip-road at the Blofield junction remains closed.
Police are asking any witnesses of either the crash or the manner of driving to come forward.
- 1 Adder warning in coastal areas as snakes come out to bask
- 2 Dream comes true for 21-year-old Belton businessowner
- 3 New tenant bid for former Argos store on retail park
- 4 Town's new £4.7m market called out for 'horrible' floor
- 5 Warning to pet owners after chocolate dumped in seaside village
- 6 Two teens remain under investigation after town park stabbing
- 7 'This is really big for us' - All the fun from Caister lifeboat day
- 8 Death remains 'unexplained' after body part washed up on beach
- 9 Water company 'very sorry' as people fill sandbags in flooded street
- 10 Restaurant offering free meals to children over school holidays
Those with information are being asked to contact Acle Police Station on 101 quoting incident number 28 of September 15, 2021.
Drivers are being advised to avoid the area, and buses have been delayed.
This is a breaking news story. Be sure the check back on the website for further updates as they come in.
Join our Norfolk Breaking News Facebook group to be the first to see breaking news stories in the county.