Driver dies in crash on A47
- Credit: DENISE BRADLEY/Archant2021
Police have confirmed that one person has died after a crash on the A47 this morning, September 15, near Blofield.
Emergency services were called to the scene at 7.05am after a driver crashed into the barrier.
Police, fire, paramedics, and the air ambulance crews were on the scene.
The driver was pronounced dead at the scene.
The crash happened on the eastbound carriageway between the Brundall roundabout and the Blofield slip road.
The A47 is now open but the slip-road at the Blofield junction remains closed.
Police are asking any witnesses of either the crash or the manner of driving to come forward.
- 1 Family devastated after death of much-loved and well-known horse
- 2 Norfolk beach ranked among world's top tourist attractions
- 3 Do you recognise this man?
- 4 Sisters realise late parents' dream by opening coffee shop
- 5 Trainee probation officer shared intimate photos with convicted murderer
- 6 Out There Festival 2021 begins today
- 7 'It's a big pain' - Third river crossing work leaves businessman frustrated
- 8 Acrobats and falcons wow crowds at the Out There Festival
- 9 'I'm totally shocked' - metal railings stolen from Gorleston home
- 10 Ex-Charter Academy head known for discipline causing stir in new role
Those with information are being asked to contact Acle Police Station on 101 quoting incident number 28 of September 15, 2021.
Drivers are being advised to avoid the area, and buses have been delayed.
This is a breaking news story. Be sure the check back on the website for further updates as they come in.
Join our Norfolk Breaking News Facebook group to be the first to see breaking news stories in the county.