Eight vehicles involved in Acle Straight crash
- Credit: Anthony James
Eight vehicles were involved in a collision on Acle New Road this morning (October 12).
Firefighters cut drivers from their crashed vehicles which happened on the Great Yarmouth side of the Acle Straight.
Following the collision, police closed the road and advised people to avoid the area.
The initial call to Norfolk Fire and Rescue was made at 8.57am and crews from Great Yarmouth, Gorleston, Acle and Carrow stations rushed to the scene.
At least one ambulance was also called but no serious injuries were reported.
As a result of the incident, the First X1 and X11 buses were delayed and diverted to an alternative route.
Norfolk police confirmed: "We were called to attend by the fire service at 9.11am.
- 1 One person left with serious injuries after Yarmouth crash
- 2 Thrilling Fire on the Water show to light up Yarmouth
- 3 Police appeal after motorcyclist sustains serious injuries in crash
- 4 Burglars make off with bird equipment after Great Yarmouth break in
- 5 Spectacular show to light up Great Yarmouth's Venetian Waterways
- 6 Hope steps seen in Danny Boyle's Yesterday will get much-needed repairs
- 7 Meet the Yarmouth firm on tonight's Grand Designs
- 8 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 9 Dog prices stay high after lockdown boom, buyers say
- 10 Woman suffers fatal heart attack in ambulance outside Paget
"Eight vehicles were involved in the collision."
The scene was made safe and the road has now reopened.
For up-to-date information about the county's roads, visit our LIVE Norfolk traffic map.
Join our Norfolk Travel Information group on Facebook for all the latest traffic news in Norfolk.