Emergency roadworks set up on main seafront road after sewer collapse
- Credit: Anthony Carroll
A collapsed sewer has led to emergency roadworks being carried out at a junction leading to Great Yarmouth's seafront.
The emergency roadworks were put in place on Friday with the junction between St Nicholas Road and Euston Road closed to both lanes of traffic.
The junction's closure also affects both sides of Nelson Road North.
An Anglian Water spokesperson said: “Our teams are currently fixing a collapsed sewer in Great Yarmouth, at the junction of Nelson Road North, Euston Road and St Nicholas Road.
"This is a complicated repair and our teams are working hard to fix it as quickly as possible, but we expect the road to remain closed for several weeks, with a full diversion in place.
"We will be tankering in the area to make sure drains keep flowing freely, and to prevent any blockages or flooding.
“We understand the inconvenience this work will cause people in the area, and we’d like to thank everyone for their patience while we carry out this emergency work.”
- 1 Tyson Fury is making a comeback to Gorleston
- 2 Four men arrested following altercation by Great Yarmouth pub
- 3 Access road for driveways denied to Gorleston residents
- 4 Yarmouth's wizard hotel to appear on Four in a Bed
- 5 'It's just not viable anymore' - Pub near Great Yarmouth closes
- 6 Pupils 'not afraid to share ideas' - School praised by Ofsted
- 7 Man to be sentenced next month over Norfolk pub attack
- 8 'The best yet' - Yarmouth's celebration of wheels gearing up for return
- 9 Man who raped teen jailed for six years
- 10 Police called to 'altercation' between pupils at Norfolk school
Norfolk County Council said the closure is expected to be in place until May 20.
For up-to-date information about the county's roads, visit our LIVE Norfolk traffic map.
Join our Norfolk Travel Information group on Facebook for all the latest traffic news in Norfolk.