Part of A47 blocked after four-vehicle crash
- Credit: Google Maps
Part of the A47 was blocked following a four vehicle crash at Brundall.
Emergency services were called to the A47 at Brundall just after 6.20am on Thursday (December 24) following a four vehicle collision in the Norwich-bound carriageway near to the roundabout.
No one was injured as a result of the crash which blocked the road while vehicles were recovered.
Meanwhile, people have been advised not to travel unless it's essential following torrential rain yesterday (December 23) and overnight which brought flooding to large parts of the county.
Norfolk Fire and Rescue Service declared a major incident after having received more than 300 calls and are still dealing with a number of incidents across the county with South Norfolk particularly badly affected by flooding.
At its height more than 50 fire engines were deployed to various incidents across the county.
You may also want to watch:
The A11 is closed at the A1075 junction at Thetford while the A140 at Long Stratton is just about passable after being flooded.
Meanwhile the A47 is closed between Easton and the Honingham/Mattishall roundabout due to flooding.
- 1 Four fish and chip shops listed among the best in the country
- 2 Watch our virtual tour of Pleasure Beach's new Snails and Fairytales ride
- 3 Council to splash out £1.9m on Great Yarmouth town centre
- 4 Man staged his own kidnap to get ransom from his family
- 5 New escape room to open in Great Yarmouth
- 6 Hotel and restaurant for sale for £150,000 less two years on
- 7 Trio from Great Yarmouth charged with Norwich betting shop robbery
- 8 Delivery driver fined for 'flagrant' seafront stunt caught on CCTV
- 9 Woman's appeal against condition on pub conversion rejected
- 10 Asda says redundancy 'last option' for bakery staff